Blog Archive

Monday, August 5, 2019

Chandelier Swap & New Wall Decor in the Master Bedroom


I just love chandeliers and over the years I have accumulated quite a few of them.     Almost all of them have been bought at yard sales and were very inexpensive.  


I recently found a Rooster /  weather vane chandelier that I thought would be perfect to hang over the island in my farmhouse style kitchen.    After H took down the existing chandelier in the kitchen and hung the new one,    I started looking around the house in search of the perfect place to hang the gorgeous chandelier that he took down.      I decided that the perfect place for it was in the master bedroom.


H took down both of the chandeliers in the master bedroom and hung the one from the kitchen on the left .    I had a chandelier that was similar to it hanging in the hallway,   so he took it down and hung it on the right side of the bed.


    I put lamps with chicken wire shades on each of the bedside tables




I hung a Bind my wandering Heart to Thee sign on this side of the bed.....

You may recognize the shelf and white cow picture,     they were on the side of the fireplace earlier.



You also may remember seeing the table and sewing machine lamp in the corner of the kitchen before too!


I swapped the comforter out with the one that was in the guest room to give a little different look.


I ordered a new pillow cover from Amazon to put on the bed......


I thought the buffalo check truck would tie in with the make over I gave the fireplace a few days ago.    If you missed that post,   here's a link to it........http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2019/08/farmhouse-bedroom-fireplace.html


I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back soon!

9 comments:

  1. Everything looks fabulous Penny. I always love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chandeliers look spectacular in your master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Penny, I love, love, love your chandeliers in your bedroom. I have been searching high and low for one at a thrift store. I have found many people have stripped the beautiful ones and selling the parts, crystals,etc on ebay, so very sad. Not enough appreciation for the labor and artistry that goes into making one of these beauties. Thank you for sharing your lovely new decorated bedroom. I like the new pillow cover too.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I would add some blue because that is just me! Love blues and turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sewing machine lamp. Did you make it? Can you send a pic of the back of it and post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really pretty! I am thinking of finding a couple buffalo check pillows to add to my fall decor this year.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely room, Penny! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    Love the chandy's that you chose for the bedroom...
    They look lovely on each side of the bed...I also love the pop of color with the black and white checked pillows...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny, I always spy such wonderful things in your beautiful home. It's so inspiring and fun.
    Thank you for all of your lovely links ups at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather. I'm delighted to be featuring your chandy swap at tomorrow night's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!