Blog Archive

Thursday, September 19, 2019

Fresh Live Mum Door Wreath


I love using fresh flowers in my decorating and the mum pouch that I used for a wreath on the front door really fits the bill! 


The mum's have just began to bloom,   so my door wreath will only get more beautiful as the season progresses. 


 My granddaughter dropped by the other day....came in and visited a while......kissed me goodbye and left.    She came rushing back in and said "I didn't realize that the wreath on the door was made with live flowers,   it's so pretty!!!!"    I hope everyone stopping by enjoys my wreath as much as she did.


There is an opening at the top of the pouch that allows me to add water each day......and every couple of days I take it off the hanger and lay it on the farm table that's on the porch so it can get some sun.


I created a fall vignette on the entry piece next to the front door.


I have a garland of white felted pumpkins hung across a rag banner.   Next to the chicken,    You can see a boo pumpkin peeking out of the metal tire that I have hanging on a vintage birdcage stand. 

  And the star of the vignette is my old concrete chicken standing next to a Cinderella pumpkin!


To complete my vignette,   I sat a farm truck filled with buffalo check pumpkins on the other side of the Cinderella pumpkin.


While I was decorating the porch for fall,    I noticed that the metal lamp shades needed an update.


The before pic that was taken earlier this year really doesn't show how bad they looked.     The floral paper that was adhered to them that had worn off in lots of places,   so H took them down and removed what little paper was left


I found some cute fall pics on Pinterest and printed them off on my home printer.  


I put stick on magnets on the back of each pic and placed them on the shades.


I can easily change out the pics for seasons and holidays


I always enjoy your visits so much,     please stop by again soon!

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Love the mums. I have never seen anything like this here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mum wreath is just amazing and beautiful! I love all your decorating and always feel better just for having come by to see what you're doing. Everything feels so restful and done with love.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your Fall Mum wreath is beautiful - such a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall wreath is very unique and beautiful. TFS with #omhgww. I have socialized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen anything like that before! It is really pretty!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative! It is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative is this! You must do a tutorial for us non creative people. Hope you share this on Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing door decoration, Penny... Where did you get the holder? Love the idea for the pendant lamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny... loved this door wreath so much, I will be featuring you on Tuesday Turn About this coming Tuesday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow the live mum wreath is amazing! How? How did you do this?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mum pouch is amazing!! I missed planting mine with impatiens this past Summer but I just could not get to it this year..
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!