Blog Archive

Monday, August 31, 2026

Coastal Farmhouse Wall/Window Art




Today, the inspiration for my post is a bit of left over fabric from a $10 bag of shabby chic curtains that I bought at a yard sale.    It wasn't your ordinary sale....it was my friends from " 2 Shabby Diva's" selling stuff that they weren't moving to their new larger location. 



I hung the biggest part of the curtains in my kitchen window &
the pass thru in the family room dining area.....

(pictures of those areas will be at the end of my post)



I was hoping there would be enough fabric to put simple curtains on the big window that has hung in the hallway for several years 



I didn't have any matching panels left over.....so, I cut a panel in half.....I shortened a single panel...& then just made adjustments by hand as I needed to!  



 When I needed a shorter panel.  you can see in the above photo how I just gathered the excess fabric up....& tied the panel to the window frame....
The next problem was the big farmhouse sign hung over the windows...take it down or work around it....



I selected prints that tied everything together for a Coastal Farmhouse theme!



Everything worked out just like I had envisioned....
 



  I love the new look in the hallway.... 



As promised.....the curtains hung in the pass thru.....& in the kitchen....



My favorite way is how the blue curtains looked hung in the window over the kitchen sink.... 





What can I do to tie this end of the hallway to my new
Coastal Farmhouse theme at the other end???










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from my friends!