Blog Archive

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Fall Family Living / Dining Room Tour


The family living / dining room is our family's favorite gathering spot.     It a place that has plenty of comfy seating,   a table to sit and have a bite,   play games,  or do some homework,    and if we can't think of anything better to do there's a TV


Although we seldom use it,   the fireplace is the centerpiece of the living room.    I keep a wood look curtain over the fireplace most of the time,   but it can easily be drawn to the side if we want a fire.    The climate here in Eastern New Mexico is pretty mild though so we don't have one very often.


I love to keep the mantel decorated in seasonal and holiday theme's thru out the year    I have a fall theme on it for now,   but I may add some Halloween pieces to the existing decor later. 






The sofa is on the wall across from the fireplace.     


Slip covers are a must if I want to keep the sofa looking clean.   They are so easy to throw in the wash if someone spills something on them.     Since we have a dining table in the family room,   we usually eat there and seldom eat on the furniture.     And we NEVER eat chili,  spaghetti or anything like that on our white slip covers....lol!


The door on the left side of the sofa has a window in it that if you look thru it,   you can see the Formal living / dining room.


The formal living / dining room runs parallel to the family living / dining room


The dining room is next to the kitchen end of the family room


The dining table is set up to seat 6,  but a leaf can be slipped in to seat a few more if needed.     If I'm having a big group to eat,   I use the formal dining room.    If that still won't seat everybody.....I use both the family and formal dining tables!


I usually have a very simple centerpiece on the family dining table ,    but I was in the mood to create a Halloween centerpiece....so I did!






The skeleton seems to have fallen into a nest of buzzard eggs.....lol!


There is a pass thru between the dining room and kitchen which keeps whoever's working in the kitchen in the "loop" with everyone in the family room.


This is a view of the family room if you're standing in the sun room.


And to finish up the tour,    here's how the family room looks from the kitchen door.   

 I have a wood door look curtain to draw across the sun room in the evening since there aren't any curtains in the sun room.


I hope you enjoyed my tour of the family living / dining room as much as I enjoyed having you!    This year has just flown by.....the next tour will be the Christmas one!     I can hardly wait!

10 comments:

  1. Very well done! I think the skeleton is my favorite though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about your family room and dining room!!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, I like your decorations. I think the curtains over the sunroom door are very unique and would be fun in several areas to create the barn effect.
    Thanks.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny!
    Pretty space! I like your dining room centerpiece - especially the skeleton! Thanks for sharing at Homestyle Gathering!
    >>> Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your living room is beautiful. I love the Autumn romantic look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home always looks like it is just waiting for the party to begin. Your scarecrow is the first one I've seen that made me smile. He just looks like he's chilling and waiting for the party too. Very nicely done. Thank you for sharing with #omhgww.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Thanks for the tour! It is always a pleasure seeing your home!!
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful as usual..Love your post and I always look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you find white recliners? I spilled coffee on my white slip cover this morning. Thankfully it came out but I was not too pleased with myself. I love the tree in the baby carriage. How darling! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!