Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Christmas Back Porch & Makeover for the Faux Fireplace



The weather has been gorgeous the last few days here in Eastern New Mexico.      Plenty of sunshine....temps in the 70's.....and just a lite breeze.      


We decided to decorate the back porch for Christmas before it gets hectic next week.....lots to do the week of Thanksgiving.


I wish we had got the front porch decorated for Christmas  too.....but the day got away from us and there wasn't enough time!



We decided to give the faux fireplace a Christmas makeover......that's one of the reasons we ran out of time and didn't get to the front porch......lol! 

We decided to give the fireplace a Farmhouse look by adding galvanized steel roofing sheets to it.    




I was amazed at what a difference such a simple change made to the fireplace.....I love it!


In the past,   you've seen the tree's on each side of the fireplace in the front yard.     I've had them on the porch and also on each side of  the she shed.    This year they found a new home in the back yard.


I like to add live greens to my artificial tree's to make them look fuller, smell good,    and have more of a "real tree look".   I took some cuttings from the Juniper bush you can see on the other side of the fence.


Then it was time to decorate the tree's.   

 I like to keep the decorations very simple on my outside tree's..... a few big statement pieces is all you need.    


I had bought a big black garbage bag full of metals balls over the summer at a yard sale.....they were just what I needed to decorate the tree's on the porch.
 

I have the mantel done.....the tree's.....the settee's and now I'll just add a few things to the rest of the porch and call it a day


 

 

I thought you might like to see how the porch was decorated last year......gosh I love the galvanized sheeting on the fireplace.


H & I are having supper on the back porch tonight......


Wish you could join us!


Thank you so much for stopping by.....come back soon!

7 comments:

  1. That looks so festive and lovely, Penny! Happy Holidays to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny
    Wow! What a difference the galvanized sheeting made. It really looks great! You are so creative and I know I have told you before but your style and your home reminds me so much of my mom. I so enjoy your blog. We are headed to my sister's in Florida for Thanksgiving this year. I am looking forward to seeing her and other family. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea to add fresh cuttings to the fake trees. Beautiful and fragrant, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that ever festive. I love the trees on each side of the fireplace. The metal sheets above and in the fireplace add so much reflections and light. I can smell the pines and feel the crisp air. What wonderful place to have a comfortable romantic supper with your husband.
    I am sure your family and friends feel so at home in your casa. Mi casa es su casa (I love this Spanish saying, my house is your house) . Isn't that such a beautiful welcoming saying especially during the Holidays?
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND ALL YOUR READERS. We as Americans have so much to be thankful for even when times are challenging.
    Thank you.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to your blog and wow! First, I am in central/upstate New York, with pouring rain and high winds right now, all turning to snow and ice in a few hours. So looking at your gorgeous Christmas back porch has me planning to move to New Mexico ASAP, lol. I can't wait to see what your front porch looks like when you decorate that, and plan to take a look at your past projects and home tour etc...everybody here might have to wait for their turkey dinner while i am online. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your back porch looks so cozy! What a beautiful place to relax and celebrate the holidays. Thank you for sharing your lovely decorations with the Hearth and Soul Link Party. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving, Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    I too LOVE the galvanized look of the fire place...It just added such pinazz to it!! I am totally enjoying your Holiday decorations this year...I love the bolder colors you are using this year...It seems to make everything else in your rooms pop!!
    Your porch is simply enchanting!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!