Blog Archive

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Winter Wonderland


It always makes me a little sad when I have to take down the Christmas decorations.    I tend to over decorate at Christmas,    so when all of the lights and magic of Christmas comes down,   the house looks pretty drab!
   

It's going to be different this year though!!! 

  I am decorating part of  our home in a winter theme that I can leave up until the end of February.


I completed the first of my winter decorating by creating a winter wonderland in the hallway.....


I have hung ice skates and icicles in the windows......




I have a sweet couple of penguins nestled in my snow ball wreath......




The hallway that leads to the bedrooms,  baths,   and utility room is separated into to area's.


I have a simple white rose bouquet in this end of the hall......


I've gathered a couple of winter friends around my bouquet......






These sweet winter birds are ready to have a snow ball fight....lol!


The linen closet is at this end of the hallway.




I have a winter wreath hung on the barn doors at the end of the hallway
 



My winter wreath is covered with glistening ice crystals......


I always enjoy your visits so much,    please stop by again soon!



16 comments:

  1. Love your winter decor. I do the same so the house isn't so bare after the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pennyis that a wall hanging at the end of your hall?if it is could you tell me where you got it i have been looking for one like it.btw really like your decor could not have it with my husband

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny your posts always make me smile and send me on to new ideas for adding to my decor!Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that looks so pretty! And a smart idea.

    It's really lovely - I could stare at your decor for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. Everything is so enchanting. Can you tell me where you found your little penguins and birds? They're adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You DO decorate! I do not know how you find the energy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow how beautifully done, I love your home so much, I think I want to just move in with you! Haha, you could do an AirBnB or something for extra income if you wanted cause your house is like something out of a fairytale and people would find it so enchanting to be a part of what you have created. Simply outstanding and inspiring! Love it, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you find those adorable winter birds and fox? Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your winter wonderland is beautiful! It's great you can extend your Christmas decor into the winter months. I'm visiting from A Morning Cup of Joe Link Party. I shared #80. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Penny, love everything and I was hoping you could tell me where you found those penguins and birds? They're adorable.
    Thank you, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little snowy birds! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI PENNY,COULD YOU PLEASE TELL US WHERE YOU PURCHASED THE LITTLE BIRDS AND PENGUINS? THEY ARE ADORABLE. THANK YOU, JUDY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny,
    I love how you decorated for Winter!! Where did you get those sweet penguins and birds?? They are darling!! I am looking forward to decorating for Winter this year as I was not able to last year....
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny, your Winter Wonderland is so beautiful! I especially love the wreaths! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make it Pretty party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's party: http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/make-it-pretty-monday-week-322/ Hope your New Year is off to a magnificent start! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!