Blog Archive

Monday, January 20, 2020

French Farmhouse Banner & Lavender Flower Bar


I hope you guys enjoy seeing my new banner as much as I enjoyed making it!       I find making banners so relaxing....cutting out all the elements for my banner then playing with them until they look just right.


The inspiration for this banner came from Kerryanne's January Handmade Club kit.    Here's a link to her blog where you can join the fun each month with a new kit.....https://www.shabbyartboutique.com/2020/01/a-delightful-french-lavender-banner-for-spring.html 


The star of my banner is a very French looking white cow


I hung my French Farmhouse banner over the buffet in the formal dining room.    I created a vignette under the banner using beautiful lavender flowers and hung a metal sign over the banner that says......Flower Bar.


I often use Kerryanne's kit as the inspiration for a banner,   then I customize it to fit my Farmhouse style of decorating.   I love cows and I frequently search Pinterest to find just the right images to add to my banners.


Now,   for some close up photo's of my banner ......
 

I added black and white buffalo check pennants to the pieces that were already in my kit.    Here's a link to my Pinterest board where you can find the free Buffalo check banner printable (as well as many others that I've used)   https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/print-it/banners/


I print my banners on an inexpensive printer that I purchased at Walmart about 3 years ago.   I use card stock paper to print my pieces on.
 

To put my banner together,   I simply use a hole punch,  pull my ribbon thru each hole  and tie them together.    I normally use ribbon or thin strips of fabric to tie them together but this time I used tulle that I found at Hobby Lobby.


You have seen me use this chicken in my vignettes many times......


She fits right in with the cows....lol!


She came home with me from a yard sale several years ago,   and I bring her out to be in my vignettes frequently.
 

When it gets closer to Easter,    I can easily and quickly just add to this vignette.
  

Now I need to make a centerpiece for the dining table,  so I'll be back soon to share.   

I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!

13 comments:

  1. I love your vision and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, delicious flowers and that chicken, she's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, I really wish you would do a tutorial on how you make your banners! I would love to learn how you put it together and what you do to get the perfect images and where you find them. I too belong to KerryAnne's monthly kit and LOVE THEM! But I always seem to get overwhelmed in how to use them. I absolutely love all your decorating and love how you blend farmhouse with pretty pastels! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your DIY farmhouse banner is beautiful. Where do you find such pretty images?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful banner! Thanks for sharing your design flair with us at the Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you’ll be sharing next week. Pinned!
    Robin 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adorable, Penny! Thank you so much for sharing at Share Your Style #240 this week. I love the cows banner and their cute buffalo checks!! Definitely one for sharing at SYS #241 next week, thank you. OH! I have a chicken pattern in my patterns from years and years ago when I worked in a place called Suburban Yardage in Sacramento. I think I'll have to pull the pattern out and work up a chicken or two. I remember they were really cute.

    Enjoy your sweet cows and chickens! I'll check out your Pinterest board when I feel better.
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your banner is beautiful. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you used the black and white check with this ... really pretty and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so much! Found your post on the Encouraging Hearts link-up. A Canadian friend of mine has cows and is always sending pictures of them to this city slicker. Love the weathered white, the checked fabric, the cows!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mrs. Penny,

    I love all of these! Especially the cows (I am such a sucker for cows being a country girl and all)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute banner! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All my family loved it.Thx for the option.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!