Blog Archive

Friday, January 31, 2020

Spring Fever


The temps are so mild here in Eastern New Mexico right now  that I'm having a really bad case of Spring Fever!    It's supposed to be 70 here Sunday....
 Yesterday,  I spent the entire day in the studio.    I straightened up and cleaned the studio.....then I had some fun going thru the Easter /  Spring cabinets and planning how I might decorate the house this spring.


The studio has changed a little bit since you saw it in January of last year.     I made some furniture changes in the sun room around Christmas and moved the wicker lounge and 2 rockers to the studio.      The chair that was in the studio last January found a  new home in the family room.


My studio is in the southwest corner of the back yard and is big enough to have a work area for me and storage for my ever growing home decor pieces     The studio is about 500 sq feet. 
 The little house next to the studio is a tea room that H built with vintage doors for our Grand daughter's tea room.     She is all grown up now......she turned 13 today....lol......and doesn't play in her tea room anymore.    I see a makeover for the tea room in the future.....maybe a new She Shed for me!


The studio has several rooms in it.     I have a room for all my Christmas decor.....an area for seasonal holiday decor......and one to store misc stuff.       This corner of the studio is where I store Easter /  Spring decor and all the supplies I use to make floral designs.  





I moved the big ottoman that was in the sun room out here and it has come in really handy.     I can sit on it when I want to look thru the lower shelves of the cabinets.


I can't wait to bring some stuff into the house and do a little spring decorating......


Last spring.    I created a vignette on the mantle that is in the master bedroom with these sweet animals and mushrooms.     I'll find a different spot for them this year


I am so blessed to have this long wall of storage cabinets in the studio....otherwise.....I would be going thru totes!    Our house was built by a contractor for his family and the studio was his office so the cabinets were put in when the house was built. 


I love to create floral designs and over the years my flower collection has really grown.    There is a big Christmas tree under all those floral stems.    It's so easy to just stick them in and out as needed and I can see them all just by taking a stroll around the tree.




I have my outdoor bird houses stored around the flower tree until it's time to put them outside for the spring / summer.


I picked up this sweet Easter wreath at a clearance sale last year after Easter and can't wait to use it for the first time this spring.       I buy almost all of my season decor after the season is over .....when I can pick it up for 80-90% off.


The cute bunny couple waving at you are back in the area behind the flower tree where my work desk is.


Here's a peek at my work desk......
   

You may have noticed that my dress form is wearing her pretty Easter apron.     She spends the winter months in the studio and she won't be in here much longer!     She can't wait for spring to arrive so she can  get back out on the front porch.......



I'll move her out to the front porch in just a few weeks!

I always enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!

7 comments:

  1. It's really pretty in there Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see why you would have spring fever! That sounds like beautiful weather and I love all the spring touches you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see all the Easter things. You always do such a beautiful job putting them together

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Maine, it is warmer than usual, but still Winter! Hate February; glad Jan. is gone! Have you suggested to your granddaughter that she have a mani-pedi sleepover in her tearoom; you might not get it back yet! I like your Christmas tree flower storage; I had a friend who gave me a Styrofoam "box" of 4 panels glued together that I stick pick-type stuff in. I told her I never forgave her for giving it to me as it let me accumulate too many of those picks! She laughed! Love those storage cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are gutting the last of our storage rooms for a new floor and long needed repiping of the waterworks of the house. After that, I can't wait to paint the walls, and the floor and be able to have room to sort stuff for my shop and for crafting. I SOOOO envy your spaces, as mine will be in the basement---but with LED lights, I'm sure it will be glaring 'sunshine' when I get done. I hope it looks, 1/10th as good as your spaces! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, Happy Monday. It is February 3rd in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. We are in a snow storm day. Yesterday was 75 degrees and today snow.
    Oh, how I love your lounge chair and the pale yellow fabric. I am so ready for Spring. Can you believe Spring is only 45 days away!!!!!!!!!!!
    My friend I work with just gave me her giant bunny cookie jar. She is such a beautiful big bunny with a darling smile and hat. I put her in the corner of my desk it has a counter top. Now I will enjoy her everyday and so can my friend.
    Thanks for sharing all your treasures.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are blessed to have such a spacious studio and you have decorated it beautifully. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!