Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Whimsical Farmhouse Valentine / Windmill Mantel


I had been thinking about designing a mantel using wind mills as the theme,    and I couldn't decide whether to do the wind mill mantel or a Valentine mantel.


I wondered if I could design a mantel using windmills with a twist ......Valentines....lol!


 I hope you will enjoy my whimsical mantel as much as I enjoyed designing it!


I started my design by gathering up some windmills to put on the mantel.....then I added a couple of canvas farm animal prints .....and some small bouquets of flowers.


Then,   I stapled some black ribbon with Farmhouse written on it in white to the edge of the mantel.    (You can find this ribbon on Amazon.)


I went thru my file cabinet and dug out a banner that I created for Valentines last year.   I normally rotate my banners and don't use them 2 years in a row but I really did like this one so I made an exception.   I rotated my banner pieces with wind mill blades to give it a different look this year.




Before I show you close ups of the other end of the mantel,   I want you to see the amazing Valentine fabric I found at Hobby Lobby over the week end.


Isn't this the cutest fabric ever!!!!


I plan to use it year round!


See how I am combining Windmill art with Valentine's Day decor......I think it works!


Now to look at the other end of the mantel......


I decorated this end of the mantel pretty much like the other end.....windmills,   canvas prints and roses.


Both sides of the banner have this heart and pink barn,   but each end has different cows.....




I have another windmill quote on the side table next to the fireplace.....


Sometimes in the winds of change,   we find our true direction......love it!


I hope my whimsical Farmhouse / windmill mantel and Valentine decor put a smile on your face!    



















18 comments:

  1. I love your mantle and the pink hearts. I had to look at them a few time, I liked it so much. Gorgeous! Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Love the chair fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new pink fabric! The hearts and windmills work well together! Cheers on this wintery and icy day in S.E. Washington state.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny always love all the decorations you put up for Any Holiday! That pink Tractor!love to You and Mr. H

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cute mantle! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Encouraging Hearts and Home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, I love the new fabric you found, the two plaques with the verses, the windmills are super, the pink pickup is wonderful. Oh, everything is so cute.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Valentine's mantel is such romantic. I especially love the pretty hearts
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! That cow banner garland is SO sweet I'm not surprised it's a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I LOVE that fabric. I am heading to my Hobby Lobby tonight after work to pick some up!!! I also like the "Farmhouse" ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,
    Your banners always amaze me!! Love the quote on the windmill sign!
    Hugs.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny, it is a darling idea! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Penny, Super Sweet! I love your little pink truck! Thanks for sharing with us at the TFT party! I'm featuring your sweet decorations this week at the party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! My husband loves cows and these would make the cutest decorations. Thanks for sharing on Encouraging Hearts & Home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The windmills are really gorgeous all on their own. Need to find me some of those. So creative combining the windmills, and Valentine's. Though not a combo I would have thought to put together, the windmill and paper doilies go together so perfectly in the banner. Very inspirational! Picked it as one of my features at this week's Snickerdoodle Create Bake Make Link Party, which goes live today at 5pm EST.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I Love it! Now, please tell us where you found the adorable windmills, and that pink tractor and pickup!!!! Perfect for your theme. I agree about the fabric, too; totally made for your display. You never cease to amaze me! Thanks for sharing your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just discovered you blog page from another blog lady... Is this your home or a show case room for your blog... It takes my breath away... Your hubby, grandchildren if this is your home must have a blast @ holiday and seasons... I would never leave if I was invited for tea...thank you

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!