Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Adding Wall Art for a fresh Look in the Hall Bath


It's too hot to enjoy being outside right now,   so I've stayed inside where it's cool and done some late summer cleaning.    Yesterday,   I "gutted" the hall bath and gave it a thorough cleaning then came back in with some fresh decor. 


I fell in love with this picture the minute I spotted it at Hobby Lobby the other day.    I knew it would find a place somewhere in our home....maybe over the sofa...... in the long hallway..... or over the fireplace in the master bedroom.    The bathroom was the furthest thing from my mind....and yet.....here is where it landed.


I replaced the pink floral wreath over the window with a white one,    I plan to add some small white pumpkins to it in a few weeks to give the wreath a fall look.    I will also add some fall touches to the existing decor then too!


I replaced the cluster of room fresheners that were on the back of the toilet with a pretty pink floral design.


I have a pair of white enamel tired stands and tried putting one in each corner of the vanity but in the end I didn't like the look and decided to just use one in the center.


Instead of hanging these fun cow/horse in a bath tub canvas prints,   I decided to prop one up in the tiered stand and place the other one on a white enamel easel. 

 In the mirror on the right,   you can see the reflection of the message board I have hanging the door,   The photo below is a close up of the board......


I found more farm animal in a bath tub prints on Pinterest and printed them off on my home printer.then simply clipped them to the message board.


You can find these fun prints by Debi Coules at Icanvas.......here's a link......https://www.icanvas.com/canvas-print/cow-in-a-tub-deb170#1PC3-12x8






I always enjoy your visits so much,   please stop by again soon!














13 comments:

  1. The new picture from Hobby Lobby is really nice and it looks large. I am drawn to the animals in tubs, so cute. Thanks for always making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Well, I like this make over, Very Cute and Fun. I am like you as I enjoy change.
    Change is good in small does as it keeps us from getting to a rut. Please don't rush the coming season any faster than it's coming. This year has been a flash before my mind. I can't tell you if I have accomplished anything. I told my sister yesterday, one day it's Monday and it seems the next is Thursday or Friday.
    I do love the green of Spring and Summer and not so much the dusty colors of Fall. The reds are good as they have so much color left.
    Thanks again for the fun pictures.
    PS My friend and her daughter went to a home in Boulder where the man in charge was having to get rid of years and mountains of "Things". He got so desperate to get rid of them that he was giving things away like milk glass and ruby glass etc. My friend brought me 3 piece of milk glass. Now that's is a thoughtful friend. She said she wished she had had her pickup with her as there was yard art she wanted. Can you imagine what fun we could have had???
    Have a super day!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! My fiance says too much pink and white for him! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom is lovely. I just love your mirrors! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your pretty art at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, you always have the cutest decor in your house! I also have a massive love for Hobby Lobby like you do. They have the cutest farmhouse stuff now a days!

    Anyways, the new wall art looks great! :)

    Thanks for sharing this post with us on the Embracing Home and Family Link-up party and we hope you join us again on Friday!!

    -Cherelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always nice to change things up every once in a while! I love your bathroom and those mirrors are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing it at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny, I like the new artwork you've put up in your home! It's always nice to hang something new and redecorate a bit. Thanks for sharing at Share Your Style this past week. I am happy to have featured your post at Share Your Style #269 this past Wednesday. <3

    Enjoy your Sunday and the coming week!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny,
    Like the new art work and the bathroom re-do! It is totally you!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Penny,

    I was so surprised to see my cow and horse in a tub! I recently have sold them to Hobby Lobby.They look wonderful where you put them. I would love if you shared my name. Thank you so much! Debi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Penny, I see that you gave me credit, thank you so much! There is a black and white set coming to Hobby Lobby soon. I would love to be able to use your pics, is it possible? Of course I would give you credit. Please let me know. Thanks so much! Debi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi, I would love for you to use my pics.....you are one of my favorite artist.
      I've been collecting you artwork for years and have tons of it....lol! I would appreciate it if you would notify me when you use my pics so I can enjoy seeing how you used them Thanks, Penny

      Delete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!