Blog Archive

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Sculpting Fabric Pumpkins


I have our TV in an armoire and when it's not in use,   I put a chenille drape across the front of it.    The drape is on a tension rod that I can easily drop down to the bottom of the TV when we want to watch a program.


The armoire has a shelf above the TV that I like to keep decorated with seasonal or holiday decor.


I already had a Farmhouse scene on the shelf that I still liked so I decided just to add a few fall touchesl


I bought a sack of white fabric pumpkins at Hobby Lobby and began to set them around the "farm".   The pumpkins were round on the bottom and wouldn't sit up straight..... some of them even kept falling over....lol!
 

I decided to solve my pumpkin problem by sculpting my pumpkins.....


I put a stitch at the bottom of the pumpkin and then just kept going from the bottom to the top a couple of times until my pumpkin looked like I wanted it to..


It was such a quick and easy fix!


There were 12 pumpkins in my sack so after I had finished with my armoire shelf,   I put the rest of them in the vignette I have on the piano.






The sculpting gives my fabric pumpkins the look you might get if you crossed a Cinderella pumpkin with a Sugar or Pie pumpkin......


I always enjoy your visits so much,   please stop by again soon!






11 comments:

  1. Those little white pumpkins are so cute and the buffalo check one is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! I love your room, it’s so pretty and cozy. Have a good weekend. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly did the trick to reshape the pumpkin....and I love how you have hidden to TV, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the barn picture above your armoire!! Did you take it yourself or paint it yourself? I am fascinated by barn pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever solution! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always blown away by your home decor. You have amazing taste with so many interesting things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great solution; I always love seeing the decor in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for fixing pumpkins, Penny! Thanks for linking up at Share Your Style #273 this past week.

    Happy fall hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!