Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Christmas Sun Room



It's been so sunny and warm in my neck of the woods,   that I couldn't resist spending the day decorating the sun room for Christmas.    I have to admit though,   that a good portion of my day was spent sitting in my rocking chair enjoying the sun ....lol!   


I decided to start my decorating by creating a Christmas vignette on the "buffet"    .


My buffet is actually a galvanized stock tank the I married to a vintage cast iron sewing machine stand.


I purchased my cute Christmas Count Down mantel cover in the clearance isle at Home Goods last year.   I decided not to use it on the mantel,   but put it closer to the floor so the little grands could easily reach it.    They will have so much fun putting the little stuffed Christmas tree in the numbered pockets as they count down the days


After I placed my mantel cover on the buffet,   I began to create a centerpiece for my vignette.


A faux greenery wreath is the foundation for my centerpiece.....then I put a picture on an easel and set it in the middle of my wreath.


To the left of the wreath/picture,   I have a cow,  windmill,  and water tank holding a floral design.


I filled the shelving unit on the side of my buffet with Christmasy stuff.....this sheep reindeer pic is my favorite!


On the right side of my centerpiece,   I have a cow pic and some cow figures.     I love the verse in the cow pic.....Grace came down and dwelt among us.......


I filled the shelving unit on the other side of the buffet with Christmasy stuff too.....and this was my fav!


I shot all my photo's with this pillow in my rocker and decided at the last minute to make changes....lol!


I decided that I liked this pillow better in my rocker.......


And liked this pillow better it H's rocker.


Our rockers are so versatile.......we can face them this way,   across from the sofa for a cozy conversation area,    Or,  we can turn them around facing the yard and just relax and enjoy the view.

I'm almost finished decorating the sun room for Christmas.    Be back soon with a tour for you guys! 




 










9 comments:

  1. Good morning, Penny,
    How cute your sunroom is. Love the crazy cow with the "Night Before Christmas" scene. I just love the wonderful decorations you have. Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year especially for children to enjoy. I still remember hearing Silver Bells when we were shopping as a small child. When it mentions stop lights blinking red and green, I always thought of the wonderful Life Saver candy. It's funny what we remember from our childhood. Thanks for always jogging my memory.
    We have a sunny chilly crisp morning in Northern Colorado. We had huge clouds early this morning moving quickly through West to East.
    Have fun with your decorating. Thanks again sharing.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can barely wrap my head around the Thanksgiving we probably won't have. Our home is decorated for that, barely. And, here you are plowing (pun intended...) into your Farmhouse Christmas, which has been adorable this year. I love the cleaner look you are going for. Let's the eye focus on all your lovely details and themes.

    I have to confess, our house won't be decorated for a long time, but I am starting on Christmas in the doll room, and making MINI Christmas! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the country church pillow and I agree with you on the sheep reindeer pic. Thank you for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful!!! Love your decorations and the sun room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your festive sunroom!! I had not even considered decorating my new sunroom. Now you've got me thinking..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your festive Christmas sunroom is so bright and cheerful! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a sunroom! Yours is so inviting! Thank you for sharing with us at Embracing Home and Family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sunroom is joyous, Penny!!! I always love how you decorate in here and I am still totally blown over by the big stock tank that you've used in so many ways... it's a cool piece and a great reuse of the Singer sewing stand! My daughter-in-law has an antique Singer machine that was given to her. She enjoys decorating on it.

    Happy to feature your post at this week's Share Your Style #282,
    Enjoy all your Christmas decorating,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Penny, I always love seeing what you do with your sunroom, and this year's Christmas version did not disappoint! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!