Blog Archive

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Cozy Christmas Dining Nook



We have a little area at the end of our family room that provides a cozy nook for our family to enjoy "everyday" meals together.    On holidays and special occasions,   we move our guests to the formal dining area and the nook is normally used as the kids table.

I have our nook decorated in a Farmhouse Christmas theme that was inspired by fabric I found at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago.    I bought several yards of it for the kitchen and used a strip of it to make a runner for the table in the family room. 
   I'll share a photo of the fabric further down in my post.






I love all the light that comes into the dining area from the large south facing window,   but it really creates a lot of glare .......and makes this room very hard to photograph!


Since we eat most of our meals here,   I like to keep the centerpiece simple.     Usually we fill our plates in the kitchen and eat here.   But occasionally I remove the centerpiece and runner so we can eat family style at the table.


As promised,   here is a close up of the fabric I used to make the runner.......isn't it adorbs!     I have plenty left to do several projects in the kitchen when I decorate it for Christmas in a couple of weeks.


I ordered a new apron from Amazon for my dress form......


I didn't want her to have an apron that had a Christmas theme......


So,   I ordered one that she can use year round,  but had a Christmas feel to it.


I added some pink Poinsettia's to the existing floral design in the scale that hangs between the kitchen and family room.



I took photo's of the cows on the table runner fabric......edited them....printed them on my home printer.....then framed them.


If you look closely,   you can see that the cow print looks like it is on corrugated metal!


I always enjoy your visits so much.....please come back again soon!

8 comments:

  1. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Penny! Everything is so beautiful as always! I love what you did with the cow prints. They look amazing and you're right...it really does look like corrugated metal! Thanks so much for inspiration. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cerainly are having fun. I agree, just a few touches is all your everyday vignettes need. I love flowers at Christmas after so many years doing florals, I have backed away from doing much. Perhaps I shall start again, when that part of the basement is finished. Hope you can spend some time enjoying your spaces..with family. Here we are going to have drive/deliver Thanksgiving to our family and never get out of the car! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good over there, Penny! Smart about the new apron - it's totally perfect in these scenes.

    Hope you have a fabulous day. Please stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little Santa an the tractor and your apron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so festive! I get the feeling that your whole house is a little Christmas wonderland! I'm visiting today from the Lou Lou Girls linkup. Have a great week Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining nook is lovely! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Penny! I always love seeing all your Christmas decor. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Farmhouse Friday!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!