Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Clean out under that Bed!


Does anyone else use the space under the bed to "stash stuff" ?      Well,  I have been doing it for years and I decided the other day that it was time to purge     I had mostly extra bedding under my bed....stuff I hadn't used .....or even seen.....in years.    I donated almost all of it and sent a few of my quilts to the auction. 


While you're doing that,   you may as well vacuum the mattress and under the bed.    Oh heck,  why not switch beds for a change?    H & I moved the black iron bed from the master bedroom into the guest bedroom.    I bet you were just thinking....am I seeing double....hasn't that bed been in the master bedroom for years???? 


We were working in the yard back in the spring when it was cool.....so now that it's hot what better time to do a little spring cleaning.


We cleaned under ....on ....and in everything in the guest room.   

 Now,   for a ton of before and after pics......





 





.....and what happened to that big 4 poster bed that was in the guest room?????













 

9 comments:

  1. Your fabric collection is fabulous Penny. You do such a wonderful job. I can't wait to see about this bed situation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have your energy, Penny. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bedroom both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chortled with your question...and thought of my mom. When she passed away, I went to clean and sort her bedroom. We used to joke that she was sleeping on an ancient matress, which she said was fine. It seemed firm enough, so I never pressed it. Underneath were magazines, I mean MAGAZINES 50 years worth of Family Circles, Women's Day, McCall's, Life, Look, and a nice stack of ancient National Geographics. SOLID magazines holding up that feeble excuse of a mattress. Once they were removed, the bed was unusable. NO, I don't. I have a bed with drawers, so I don't keep anything pushed under neath any beds...because I'm not my mother! Hugs, sweet room, always fun to see how you tweak a room. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh la la... Love the "after" look! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    I store lots of things underneath our bed as it is about 150 years old and I need a step stool to get up into it as it could to my waist with the new mattress and box spring on it. I have about 18 -22 inches in height of storage space underneath so why not use that...I do keep a record of exactly what is under the bed so I will not forget...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have been doing the under the bed purge as we gain guest rooms and say good bye to sons.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's amazing what can find its way under the bed. I need to clean under mine soon. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have definitely used under the bed for storage, especially in our spare room, Penny! You are inspiring me with what you are doing - and I'm looking forward to seeing even more of the transformation of your bedrooms. Thank you for sharing this inspiration with the Hearth and Soul Link party. I'm featuring it at the party tomorrow. Take care and I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!