Blog Archive

Monday, July 26, 2021

Sunflowers in the Sunroom


The fields of gorgeous wild sunflowers are in full bloom here on the prairie's of  New Mexico.   They were just the little nudge of inspiration that I needed to give the sunroom a mid summer refresh!


I started my refresh by using some faux pink sunflowers and yellow field grass to create a floral design for the armoire.    


Then I added more sunflower decor to the other side of the room.....






In the before and after photo's below you can see that I replaced the ladder in the corner with a tall ficas tree I recently found at a yard sale for $20.......replaced the coffee table with the one that was in the family room (can't wait to show you what I found to put in its place)  added sunflower pillows to the sofa.....and put sunflower decor on the side tables.




All that was left to do was add sunflower decor to the last wall in the sunroom.


I put a sunflower pillow in the rocker......a sunflower cow on the display unit......filled the baskets under the buffet table with faux sunflowers.....and tucked a matching sunflower pumpkin by the basket.   Don't judge me!!!!   I know it's too early for pumpkins,  but I just bought it and didn't want to put it into my fall storage unit for just a few weeks until a more suitable time to start fall decorating...lol!

I took a few pics of the field where H & I gathered the wild sunflowers for me to make a centerpiece for the coffee table in the sunroom.



I also gathered a few of the little pink flowers to put on the coffee table.....and,   I cut a few roses from my backyard to complete the vignette.


We just take a big bucket of water to the field with us and immediately put the flowers in them as they are picked. 


I enjoy your visits so much,   please come back again soon!

13 comments:

  1. I love the before and after pics. You really see how they burst colour and cheer into the room. #WoenderfulWednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty I'd like to skip to September. Temperature in the 100s. I love the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink sunflowers are my favorite, but they are all beautiful. Penny is the giraffe a floor lamp? I have never seen this before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    Love the addition of the Sunflowers and the pops of color they add!! I have always loved your sun room and it sure did not disappoint today!!!
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Love the sunflowers. They are make me smile and are so happy waiving in the wind.
    I love the cow looking into the kitchen effect. Flowers add so much to any place. I have flowers at work and everyone notices.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I live in southern Delaware and am enjoying fields of sunflowers as well.
    It is 100 degrees and I am dreaming about chrysanthemums, pumpkins, and sunflowers:)It is almost time.
    Have a blessed day. m

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sunflower decor are just the right touch. They are my favorite flower, they just spell summer and remind me of the fields in France. We used to pick the seeds directly from the flowers and eat them.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sunroom looks wonderful! I love those pink sunflowers! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sunflowers are beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sunflower sunroom! Thanks for sharing it with us at Farmhouse Friday - we're featuring you at tomorrow's party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, Thank you so much for all the work you put into the wonderful party for us each week. it is much appreciated! I always look forward to being featured at the party....hugs...

      Delete
  11. Where did you get that cow picture in your window I LOVE LOVE your sunflowers Thank you for your blog................

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!