Blog Archive

Friday, September 10, 2021

Footboard Wall Art, Fall entry, and a BIG mirror


I was pleasantly surprised at how just moving a few things around could give our entry a fresh new look for fall.   


I had this footboard hung over a picture on the opposite wall of the entry.    By hanging it on another wall....at eye level....it became a focal point on this wall.   I have a picture of it further down on my post of how it looked before so you can compare it to the look now

I hung a metal Farm House sign over my footboard to give it more interest than it had before on the other wall.    


The table that I placed under my footboard wall art is one that I've had for years.    It was gold when I found it at a yard sale for $3 and I've found it to be one of my cheapest and most versatile yard sale purchases


Here is the piece of furniture that was there before.    I wanted to replace it with a piece that had a less cluttered look and I think the footboard and table accomplished exactly what I was looking for.      The old piece found a new home in a guest bedroom and I love it there!


The old look was so much more visually heavy.....love the lighter look!


I decorated very lightly for fall in the entry this year.     I have a few pumpkins around the container that my rose topiary is planted in.   
The topiary is a new piece that my DIL gave me over the week end.   They are moving into a new home and are getting rid of lots of stuff so we came back from San Antonio with the car loaded down with items they no longer wanted......lucky me!   


Just a simple fabric pumpkin on a mosaic stand gave another small touch of fall to the entry.


Now.....the BIG mirror that found a new home in the entry.    It was quite a job for H and I to move that heavy mirror but we gotter done....lol!


In the before pic,   you can see how the footboard hung so high didn't give it much presence in the wall grouping.     The picture I had on the wall was one I had in my office years ago and has been in the entry for a long long time.   IT was definately time for a change!


The big mirror gave the room lots more light and reflects different vignettes around the entry.


Where did I have my big mirror hidden?   On the wall behind my old entry piece....lol!


The mirror reflects the formal dining room......


The mirror reflects the wall the footboard is on.....


And it refelcts the wall the hall tree is on......


As for the rest of my fall decor in the entry......there is another pumpkin on the floor by the concrete Rooster 


AND......  If you get out your magnifying glass you can spot another small white pumpkin on the bottom shelf of the hall tree between the ceramic roosters.   



I'm still debating as to whether I will hang a fall wreath on the glass storm door this year or not.   I am kinda leaning toward no.      The front door is open almost all the time and I love being able to see the front yard without having the view being blocked by a big wreath......what do you guys think? 

 

5 comments:

  1. I love the farm house headboard in the entry, looks great. As for the wreath I like them, but sometimes a girl needs to see what's up outside. I keep an eye out for birds, squirrels or butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your transformation, I love the footboard with the metal sign. May I ask where you got the metal sign from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it at a locally owned little shop here in Eastern New Mexico....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful - and I agree. Leave the wreath off the front storm door. Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!