Blog Archive

Friday, October 22, 2021

Easy Fall to Halloween Transition


I started my early fall decorating in the sun room in late August.   I wanted to create a floral design that would work until at least Halloween and maybe even stretch it into Thanksgivng  (not too sure if I can do that but I guess we'll see)


I used pink sun flowers in my centerpiece and so far it is still working.....maybe if I add some more colorful leaves it will work clear into Thanksgiving...lol!



I am thrilled to be using pumpkins this year in my vignettes that came from my very own pumpkin patch that H planted in early spring.    Here's a link with pics and details if you missed that post.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/09/growing-pumpkin-patch-for-first-time.html


The first tip I want to share with you guys is how to keep the transition EASY......keep the vignette simple!   
 The second tip is to have decor in the vignette that can stay year round if you want it to....such as the picture frames I have on the back of the armoire.    I keep those in place year round and just change the artwork hanging in front of them for seasons or holidays.


This is how the armoire looked in late August.....a barn picture,   yellow truck,  and a bee on the bench.


Then as fall arrived,   I replaced the barn picture with a Autumn Acres print....replaced the truck with a Moscow Mule bar......and the bee was replaced with a copper pitcher.   I also added some fall leaves to the sunflower arrangement.  Changed the pillow....and I was done in less than 30 minures.   It took longer to gather up the new decor than to place it in the armoire.


Before I knew.....time passes so quick!!!....it was time to change out the fall decor with a few Halloween pieces.     I changed out the Autum Acres print and hung a Haunted Farmhouse sign,  a simple candle arrangement replaced the Moscow Mule decor.....a Skeleton replaced the pitcher.....a couple of white pumpkins....and I was done!

I hope you are able to use some of my "quick change" tips to keep your time spent decorating to a minimum.    With the holidays coming up it's so hard to make time for everything that needs to get done.    The decorating....the cooking.....the parties.....the Christmas shopping.....Thanksgiving....you have to find a way to make it all happen!   

   When I took this shot of the armoire,   I spotted a cat up in the curtain on the back porch     You have to have an eagle eye to see her...  



I slipped over to the window and took her picture.     I have to sneak up on them to get a picture....they usually stay out of the way when they see me moving stuff around and taking pictures       This one found a little sling in the curtains on the back porch to take a little nap.    There is another one taking a nap under the white wicker settee.    I had to edit her out to get a close up of Tabby!    She doesn't know it yet,  but when I finish in the sunroom I plan to decorate the mantel and she will need to move....lol!



 

9 comments:

  1. I love it! Skeletons are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved seeing your process of how to change just a few things in adjusting to the slight change in seasons. Question though ~ do I need to have a cat to do it correctly?? Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many ideas! It was fun to see the transitions in your armoire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your armoire is stunning with any season and how your decorate it. Thanks for linking up this week and sharing it with us. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Penny. I can hardly wait to see if you can do it for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your armoire and how you change it out for the seasons! Thanks so much for sharing this at Farmhouse Friday - we're featuring you at tomorrow's party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. White wicker chairs always say welcome, don't they!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    You know how much I love this room!! So pretty!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!