Blog Archive

Sunday, November 21, 2021

Transforming a Faux Ficus Tree into a Christmas Poinsettia Tree


I have been sending stuff to the studio non stop to make room for my Christmas decor,    Now the studio is overflowing and it's time for me to make some hard decisions.....lol!      Send it to the studio or try to make it fit in with my Christmas decor.     The ficus tree in the sunroom would take up most of the available space in the studio,  so what's a girl to do.....make it work!  



I started fiddling with the ficus tree and found that the smaller branches could be repositioned a little so I gave the tree a new shape.


Then I just tucked different shades of green leaves,    poinsettia's,   and some white flowery bushes.    I didn't attach any of the new stems to the tree as I want to be able to just pull them out after Christmas.    The ficus tree sits in a corner with very little traffic near it so I think the new stems will be ok just tucked in.    If one of them falls out,   I will just tuck it back in.


I really like my new Christmas Poinsettia Tree in the sunroom....it kind of reminds me of an upside down tree....  and I am so happy that I didn't have to stuff it into the studio!

Merry Christmas!











 

4 comments:

  1. I like the tree. Very creative. Looks very pretty in that spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness do you guys ever sleep? Everything looks so festive!! I love the slip cover!!
    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the Tree, Penny!! Great ideas!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!