Blog Archive

Sunday, December 12, 2021

DIY Christmas Sofa Table in the Sunroom, Christmas Tree and More


About a year ago,   H built a table to go behind the sofa in the family room.    I have enjoyed decorating it so much,   that I asked him if he would build one for the sunroom and was thrilled when he said yes!



I wanted him to build a simple table like the one he made for the family room.    Both of the sofa's sit in front of a wall so there is no need for them to be ornate or fussy.....just a simple table for me to decorate on.    I think they enhance the sofa so much more than just a wall grouping over it.


Since the sofa covers the front of the table,   it serves double duty.    I store lots of my pillows in the little cubby that the table makes behind the sofa.    When I need a pillow,   I just scoot the sofa out away from the table....easy peasy!    I will store summer pillows in this little cubby. 


I LOVE my new sofa table in the sunroom.....thank you H!


Here is a pic showing the sofa table he made for the family room.    And here's a link to that post with a short tutorial sharing how he made it      http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2020/12/diy-sofa-table.html



Now I'll move on to one of the Christmas tree's in the sunroom   (I have one in each corner of the room.....lol!   Can't have too many tree's can you?)     


Each tree in the sunroom has it's own theme.   
 I'm calling this one....the Fern Tree.     I used white ferns around the base of the tree as a skirt.....under the tree I filled a white enamel basket with ferns,  flowers,  and a small Santa.....and on the side is a big planter filled with pink roses.


Next to the tree.    I have a vintage Fresh Up soda container.....


I have it filled with faux herbs and succulents and a Santa dressed in pink.


The corner on the other side of the sofa has my ficus tree that I transformed into a poinsettia tree.   Here's a link to that post where I shared all the details....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/11/transforming-faux-ficus-tree-into.html


The sun room looks quite different than it did in 2020.......
H took the big upholstered chairs to the auction.....the 2 rockers have found a new home in the studio.....the coffee table is part of my outside decor now......did I miss anything?   Let me know in a comment if you see anything else!  


I replaced all of the chairs in the sunroom with light weight wicker chairs that I can easily move out onto the deck or the yard when I need extra seating outside.      The sofa table moved the sofa out into the room about a foot which made the room a little more cozy.   
 I just spotted another change!    The pink marble end tables that were on each side of the sofa found a new home in the family dining room,   I don't know yet what I'm going to put in their place,   but the plan for now is they won't be moving back to the sunroom

 MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 













 

5 comments:

  1. I love the sofa table/storage idea. That's genius! What a wonderful husband you have! You think it up and he builds it. Y'all are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fern tree, I don't remember you ever doing that. As for a storage unit, you can never have too much of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm another that loves the fern tree. As a floral department head, I was always responsible for decorating a 15 foot tree at the front of the store. As it was next to floral---I implemented decor from all the departments---showing decorations could be 'anything'. Ferns would have been a lovely backdrop---I wish I had thought of it..I did bank a display out of holly and ivy into a tree one year...LOL. Love your use of products, always interesting. Hugs and have Happy Holidays, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny,
    The sun room looks as lovely as always!! Love the white tree with the ferns!! so fresh and charming!! Just perfect!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Penny! I love your table and all the storage it gives you that your hubby made! He's a keeper! I like the lights sitting on it too. Your sofa is lovely - your entire area is lovely! That sofa! I just love your style and all of your pretties! Thanks for popping in to see me and Merry Christmas!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!