Blog Archive

Saturday, January 15, 2022

How I've Decorated after Christmas with Winter Decor



Well,   Christmas is behind us for another year!     I have to admit that I was ready to declutter and pack up all the red decor.      Since pink & white are my favorite decorating colors,   I tire of red pretty quick...lol!
I love to use Snowmen in my winter decor so I gathered all of them up and created a display in the lit cabinet in the family dining room.    On this end of the ledge,   I have half of my snowman family.....Dad with 2 of the kids.....         


On this side of the ledge,   I have Mom and the rest of the family


 


I filled the shelves in my cabinet with wintery vignettes.....


The winter prints that I used in the cabinet are actually from one of my old Farmhouse calendars.


Here's another winter print from one of my old calendars....


Tree's are a great thing to use in winter vignettes....and of course I chose to use pink and white ones!

 
As some of the winter decor in my cabinet,   I used a Let it Snow sign.....a pink milk glass bowl filled with metal bells.....and if you look close on the top shelf you will see a couple of sweet ice skate prints.


I clipped a couple of paper mitten prints to a wreath that I had on hand.


Winter animals are always easy to work into a vignette too. 


I wanted to show you guys how I gave my snow people a make over.....


I painted their orange carrot noses pink and replaced the red berries with pink flowers.  


Dad is the only one I didn't get around to giving his nose a coat of pink paint.....maybe next year!   


If you look close you can see some of the other winter decor that I used in my cabinet......tall white metal bells & white wood trees on the top shelf......on the next shelf I have pigs wearing buffalo check trapper hats &battery operated candles.....and more!

Thank you so much for stopping by...come back again soon! 

















 

15 comments:

  1. The cutest decor ever Penny. The black and white buffalo check pops with the white trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it....Perfect for winter !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The family of snow people is very cute, Penny. What are they made from? My favorite of you decor, though, is the cow pictures. I have a bit of a thing for cows, especially the black and white ones and have a small collection of cow art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you personalized your snowfolk to suit your decor. They look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the snowmen. Very creative to paint the noses pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I used my former calendar winter pics too. I actually found a frame that they fit into perfectly. Plus who can resist snowmen...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pink trees! I'm using some white bottle brush trees on my Valentine's Day tiered tray, and I need some like yours for my shelves! I hope you'll come share your posts tomorrow on Crafty Creators which is replacing Traffic Jam Weekend.
    XOXO,
    Niki ~ Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those snowmen are so sweet! I love them for winter! :) Visiting from TFT. :)

    mamasbrush.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snowmen and cows! ♫ These are a few of my favorite things...♪

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy and cheerful! Just darling! I love your snowmen makeovers too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you've decorated for winter! The cow prints and snowmen are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the combination of black and white and pink in your winter decor. Thanks for sharing your home with us. #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penny,
    Thanks so much for stopping by!! I love those sweet snowmen and those darling pink trees!! I am going to be visiting a bit with you so don't think i am a stalker!! LOL!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!