Blog Archive

Thursday, May 19, 2022

Patriotic Porch



Our front porch is about a 30 feet long by 15 feet wide so it has plenty of little "destinations" for everyone to sit when we have a get together.    We  have quite a crowd when we just have  family over for a week end BBQ .....about 14 plus.   We need even more seating when we have family and friends over for a holiday cookout so all the room on the porch is used and we even spill out into the yard.     


  There is a cozy seating area at the far end of the porch that I cleaned and decorated today for the upcoming Memorial week end.   I have nick named this sitting area the Chicken Coop Corner in honor of the china cabinet that H worked his magic on about a year ago.   


The Coop looked quite different before he started the transformation as you will see in the pictures below.....


The before photo shows how it looked when he started and the after photo shows how it looked about a year ago.


H & I like to sit here when it's just the two of us......


I didn't make any changes to the furniture arrangement in this area......


BUT......I did move the table and lamp that was between the chairs to another area.


I replaced the table and lamp with a white enamel tiered stand....that you can hardly see....lol!   I have filled my stand with odd's and ends flowers....one of a kind.....and just extra faux flowers that I had on hand 


I will be cleaning the porch for a few more days and also decorating it for Memorial Day,   4th of July & Labor Day.   My Patriotic decor should last all summer!




 

6 comments:

  1. I love your COWLAND FARM sign ! ! ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful transformation of your porch to your patriotic decor. I have my patriotic porch ready and will post it in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice display in honor of Memorial Day. I love to decorate the porch in red, white, and blue. It works for the whole summer. I have my porch ready and will publish my post in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this spot, Penny. Your metal motel chairs are gorgeous. Love the flowers and flags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the chicken coop corner, we do not have a porch just a small patio which you gave me some wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO lovely and welcoming! I'd like to come hang out on your porch.

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party at Imparting Grace. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!