Blog Archive

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Pink Joins Red, White, & Blue Patriotic Decor


Can pink live happily with Red,  White,  and Blue decor or will the colors fight each other?    I think they can "marry" IF you choose the right shades of color on both sides!


The pink can't be a hot pink,   it works better with red if it's a softer shade of pink.    The red needs to be kind of a maroon-ish red if you want it to play nicely with pink.


I have to admit it takes a little hunting to find the right shades you need and a lot of the time I wind up making what I need.    Several years ago I made a Patriotic rag flag and it has made an appearance in my decorating every year since. 


Dark bright blue doesn't work well with pink.....a soft muted blue is what you will need to find.


I always try to fit in some kind of whimsical piece when creating vignettes.   An old Dr Pepper wheel barrow with white boots in it was just what I was looking for to fit the bill.





You may be wondering how a Cheerleaders Megaphone fits in with Patriotic decor.....lol!    There's a reason for my madness!    Our son and dil are coming in to visit for the holidays and I thought they might enjoy a walk down memory lane.    They were both cheerleaders at NM State and have been happily married for over 20 years.    We found our son's megaphone recently when we cleaned out the attic and thought they might enjoy seeing it again.    Hopefully they will do a cheer for us....maybe with her standing on his shoulders and yelling thru the megaphone!      They've both stayed in good shape,   so it could happen!

Thanks for stopping by....hugs








 

2 comments:

  1. Delightful! Thanks for a unexpected color combination. I feel a new quilt brewing! Now to translate it into fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the prettiest patriotic decor I've ever seen Penny ♥
    Thank you for sharing your patriotic porch at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your pretty decorating at today's party and pining too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!