Blog Archive

Sunday, May 29, 2022

Repurposed BBQ Grill



Don't throw that old BBQ grill away.....breathe new life into it!


There are many ways to repurpose an old BBQ grill.    A planter or potting bench seemed to be the most popular ideas that I found       I used a little bit of each of the idea's that I saw to make my old grill into a cute piece of "furniture" for a seldom used corner at the far end of the front porch



I wanted my old grill to be a place I could hang flowers to dry.    I had found a vintage baby bed spring at local shop recently and knew it would be perfect to hang flowers on.   



In this photo,   you can see how I used fabric to tie the top of the baby bed spring to the grill lid
handle and how I tied the bottom of the spring to the top shelf of the grill.


Then,   I had lots of fun decorating my spring.....




I worked on my grill transformation over the course of several days....and of course...didn't get any pics.     This is as close as I could come to a before photo.....
 

And these are
 the last photo's I have taken....so far....I will probably still make more changes...lol







/
 

I don't think I've ever shown you guys this area of the front yard.      It looks like it is just dirt with the sun shining on the ground the way it is....but.....it is actually red lava rock laid over heavy duty plastic.    We don't have any grass in the front yard.   In our area they refer to that as Xeriscape landscaping....which means you don't need any kind 
 of irrigation in the area.   

In the back yard we have
an in ground sprinkler system to keep everything nice and green.    Remember,  I live in Eastern New Mexico and we get very little rain here.



Have a safe and blessed Memorial week end....hugs

2 comments:

  1. Penny everything is so cute and I love that map of the US. Have a fun Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Fun, you are definitely ready for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!