Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The Exit of Summer, and Embracing Fall


 Although it is still hot outside here in Eastern New Mexico,    the exit of summer is eminent and I am ready to embrace fall.      

 
In the sunroom,  I've begun to decorate with hints of the warm colors of fall that we will soon begin  to see outdoors     I've already begun to see some fall colors in the leaves.....but it is only due to  the extreme heat...lol!


I chose a fall pallette that is consistant with the rest of the room.    I can't change the sofa or rug ,   so my fall decor has to compliment their colors....not fight them!


I love Farmhouse decor and I have included it in my fall designs


The vignette on the sofa table has all the elements in Farmhouse decor.....a barn,   windmills,  cows ...etc....
 

I shopped my home for all the decor I used in the sunroom.....
 
 

EXCEPT for the new picture over the sofa.
 

Pumpkins will soon make a fall appearance,  but for now I am using seasonal fruit to decorate with.


I don't remember if I've shared a close up of the olive tree that I bought at the auction about a month ago.....


I freguently get asked about the sofa in the sunroom.     It's a Jaclyn Smith that I bought at a local furniture store about 14 years ago.
 

I've finished decorating the sunroom so I thought you might enjoy a tour.....

 

 
 

Where will I continue my fall decorating now that I've finished the sunroom.....inside....outside...who knows!


6 comments:

  1. I'm with you on embracing fall despite the 100+ temps we have had most of the summer here in Texas! Your fall decor is lovely. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your Jaclyn Smith sofa - - - - -I love the flower pattern - - - -I'm so jelly ! ! ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room is so pretty and welcoming! I love the large art over your sofa. Thank you for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your sunroom looks amazing! The farmhouse elements you have on your sofa table are great. Your new picture fits real nice with your décor.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!