Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Transitioning from Christmas to Winter Decor

 

I absolutely love to decorate our home for Christmas,     but it is time to start slowly transitioning from Christmas to Winter decor.      First,   I  pack away the Santa's and everything that is bright red and just screams Christmas. 


   
    



I also leave my Christmas tree's up for a few weeks more.
 I remove all the Christmas ornaments and either leave the tree bare or put a few winter decorations on it....such as snow balls or winter birds.
 
 




 
After Christmas I bring out winter sports related decor such as ice skates.....sleds.....etc.



 
I take down the Christmas wall art and replace it with winter themed art wherever I can....


Santa and his sleigh vignettes are replaced with woodland winter themed ones.....


 

I keep the color pallete neutral and simple......


I hope that you will be able to find a little inspiration from my post  to  help transition your home from Christmas to winter  


4 comments:

  1. I think I love the winter even more than I loved Christmas. Your bedroom is so beautiful.The woodland arrangements I really like. Everything you showed is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your great ideas, Penny. Red is the biggest give-away for Christmas decor. Just takes a little tweaking for your pretty winter decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators! I'll be featuring your post on tomorrow's Crafty Creators!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, you always transition your home so beautifully between the seasons.
    Thank you for sharing this post at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring your winter decor at this week's party and pinning too.
    Happy New Year,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!