Blog Archive

Thursday, December 29, 2022

Winter Fireplace for 2023

 

I made some changes in the wall decor over the mantel  and on the walls to the side of the fireplace for 2023.     I like to change the wall decor every few years and I will share how it looked in past years at the end of my post.  
 

Before I start the tour of the wall and mantel decor,   I wanted to share the centerpiece I made for the coffee table.   I love to use Paperwhites in my winter arrangements don't you?

 
I haven't had a mirror over the mantel in several years so that was the first change I made to give the fireplace a fresh look for 2023     I also added mirrors to the sides of the fireplace and they really lightened up the whole family room
  
 
In this photo,   you can see how the side mirror reflects the piano and lots natural light that is coming thru the opening to the sunroom.   
 I kept the decor on the mantel simple as you can see from the vignette on this end.


I hung long mirrors on the sides of the fireplace to reflect as much light as I could from the other side of the room.     
 

Another simple vignette on this end of the mantel.....


And I love how the lit cabinet in the dining room reflects in the mirror on this side of the fireplace     I've often wondered why the builder didn't put windows on each side of the fireplace.....he sure made this end of the family room pretty dark 
 
 
I removed all the Christmas ornaments from my tree's and am going to leave them up a few more weeks.    Maybe I'll add some Valentine decor to the pink tree and pack the birch branch tree away....what do you think?

 

As promised,    here's a look back at 2020.....
 

Last winter's family room fireplace......


And here's the new fresh look for 2023.....
 

I have the new winter look over the sofa to share in an upcoming post.....so see you soon!

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. I love the new look, the mirrors bounce the light around and reflect all your pretty things.
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the new mirror. Clean look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting to see how you have transformed your fireplace through the years, Penny - and I love your centrepiece. It's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for being a part of Hearth and Soul. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Penny! Your winter decor looks so wonderful! I was super inspired by your ability to transform a space into something so beautiful. I would love to invite you to link up your project at Whimsy Home Wednesdays to inspire others and have a chance to be featured https://www.artsandclassy.com/category/diy/whimsy-home-wednesdays-linky-party/

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!