Blog Archive

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Creating a Fun Memorial Day Parade in the Backyard

 

Memorial Day Weekend is the unofficial start of summer and nothing says summer better than decorating the yard with touches of red,  white and blue!


I created a fun "home version" for the grandkids of a Patriotic Parade on a small plot of land located on the side of the greenhouse.   .
 

My parade had to have a Grand Marshal......
 

 I created a Grand Marshal for my parade by using a metal yard art lady that I've used in my flower beds many times over the years.     She's a yard sale find and I've never seen anything similar to her in the stores.      
I dressed her in a Patriotic sweater that H no longer wears.    I think the floral garland that I added gives her the look of a Patriotic garden fairy.....what do you think?
 

The float I designed for my parade is being pulled by one of H's vintage tricycles.    He has several of them and the grands like to ride them on the back drive when they visit.
 

My float is made up of a stack of 2 old wagons that are filled with flowers.     I was so excited when I spotted red poppies at the store the other day to use in my Memorial day decor.


The little wagon that pulls up the rear of my float is filled with an old license plate from H's home state and a Patriotic pick up.


I hope the kids enjoy the Patriotic float that I created for our Parade as much as I enjoyed creating it.
 

I cut some roses from the garden to use as a centerpiece on the table where H and I will enjoy a lite lunch today......
 

 Remember the sacrifices that our veterans made as we honor them this Memorial Weekend...FREEDOM......they paid a high price for it......




 


 

3 comments:

  1. Have a great holiday weekend!! Thanks again for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is so wonderful! I was super inspired by your creativity. I would love to invite you to link up your project at Whimsy Home Wednesdays to inspire others and have a chance to be featured https://fifthsparrownomore.com/whimsy-home-wednesday-blog-link-party-no-32/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Penny, you are so creative. I always enjoy looking at your yard to see what you will come up with next. Our grass is dying already so I wonder if this early in the season what it will look like by August. I would love to have a backyard like yours, maybe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!