Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 7, 2023

A Fun Display idea for my Chicken Decor


Over the years I have accumulated quite a collection of chicken decor.     I wanted to create a fun way to display some of my collection and decided to repurpose an old armoire into a faux chicken coop


The star of my coop is a vintage nesting box that I bought years ago on a trip to Roundtop Texas 
 

I turned a  hanging scale set into nests for a couple of my ever growing collection of chickens....  


I used old stained linens as nesting material .........  
 

 
I've had this old ceramic hen for ages,   so it seemed appropriate that she got a seat in the vintage nesting box. 


This is how my coop looked when H first made it a few years ago.....
 

My coop got a mini makeover this year as I had added more chicken stuff to my collection..... 
 

I added a Farm Fresh Egg sign....


I swapped out the white metal chairs for 2 wicker rockers.....


I brightened up the coop with some Boston Ferns.....  


The Farmers Market sign is a new addition as well as the hanging scale.     H added some white fancy metal pieces to each of the 4 corners of the armoire to make my coop look classier!

Thank you so much for stopping by.....come back soon!




 

    

4 comments:

  1. I love your decorating ideas! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas Penny! I will be sharing this on Whimsy Home Wednesday this week, I always enjoy seeing your decor ideas, and those pops of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!
    Niki | Crafty Creators

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you repurposed the old armoire in this way Penny... what fun!
    Thank you for sharing your chicken décor at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week. I'm delighted to be featuring it at tonight's party and pinning too.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!