Blog Archive

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Designing a Picnic themed Pocket Tobacco Basket for the Front Door


I want to share the summer decor I created for our  front door..... 


The bones for my design is a pocket tobacco basket.     These baskets are so easy to work with.....just fill the basket and hang it up 
   I had to give my basket a little more thought since it was going to hang on a "moving" door instead of a solid wall.     I was careful not to put too much weight in the pocket and also to fill it with non breakable decor.  I packed everything really tight in the pocket to ensure that things wouldn't be moving around as the door was opened and closed.


I used double sided tape to secure a paper print of a picnic basket to the front of my basket.


Part of the packing in my pocket is a vintage table cloth plus several white cotton kitchen towels.       


I used double sided tape to attach a plastic plate to the back of the pocket basket    I bundled several cloth napkins into my napkin ring and then tied it all to the back of the pocket basket.  


I'm loving the look of my new door decor....not just the round wreath I usually have there!


I always enjoy your visits so much.....come back soon!





 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Penny!
    This is such a pretty front door display! That's the perfect basket to use for something like that. The colors are bright and cheery to welcome visitors! Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, this is as cute as can be! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative Penny, love it! I am loving that embroidered tablecloth too. I have been searching those out lately. Thank you for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous, Penny! Love all the elements of this lovely door decor! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About… I’m so pleased to be featuring your post at this week’s party! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet! I love it! Thank you for sharing it with us at Farmhouse Friday. Featuring it tomorrow. Happy Summer Penny. pinned

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!