Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Transforming a Plain Jane Door


The door between the family room and the garage has been painfully blah for years.     



Today,   I want to share the makeover I gave my Plain Jane door recently.....  



You can't get much plainer than this door!!! 

  H attached a yard sale picture frame to the door.....painted everything....and then I embellished the door.





I chose to hang a Lacey Rose B&B sign on the door because I have a sweet 3yo Grand that is name Lacey Gayle....my dad was named Gail.....



Then,   I added a few more simple rose embellishments to my frame


After we were finished with the door,   I moved over to make some changes to the TV armoire.  While I was busy with that,   H gave the wall behind the armoire a fresh coat of paint.


I had a curtain hung on a spring rod to cover the TV when it was not in use     I replaced my simple  curtain  with a vintage chenille baby bed blanket that H stapled to a empty frame
  

I found this blanket years ago at a yard sale and have cherished it since then.....


Want to watch TV???   Just slide the picture down to the bottom part of the armoire!  


I am tickled pink with the new look that my blah corner has now!



















 

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet door treatment, but I really love your covering the tv. Black tv's are really the bane of our living room's existence and I know when I paint the walls a lighter color it will be worse. Lovely results here in your airy light room. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty door now! The TV cover idea is great. You know, when I looked at on my computer screen, the rows of chenille made it look like a window with blinds! I thought, neat trick! Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the door makeover Penny! I love the roses of course, so romantic, and the Bed & Breakfast idea is lovely. I remember when you shared putting the curtain over your tv a while back, but the blanket is just adorable. I love chenille, and the picture is too cute. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new door. I've been thinking about transforming my exterior door with something. This helps get the juices flowing. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday link party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! It now fits right in with the rest of your house. I'll be sharing your post on tomorrow's Crafty Creators. Thanks for sharing & hope to see you there!
    Niki | Life as a LEO Wife

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!