Blog Archive

Sunday, July 30, 2023

Just Different...not new....Lighting in the Kitchen




I replaced some of the lighting in the kitchen hoping the new lighting  would  be a better fit for  my Rooster chandelier that is hung over the island.     I didn't put up "new" lighting.....just shopped the house   and selected the lighting that was hanging on each side of the sofa in the family room.    That opened up a whole new can of worms that effected several other rooms in our home....   Does that ever happen to you? 


I had a pink chandelier hanging on this side and an altogether different white one on the other side of the Hoosier.    { I didn't get a before photo of it)    So we replaced both of them with a pair of hanging chicken wire lighting that were in the family room.   
  We also took down the tea cup collection that was on the shelf to clean....and.....decided that is too much work,   so we didn't put it back


In the place of the tea cup collection,   I put a simple easy to clean design on the shelf 


The white enamel  Old Farmers Market container can be taken down in one piece and everything cleaned....easy peasy!


This is the chandelier that I hoped the new lighting would be a better match to.


It may not be perfect,   but it looks much better now!



In the before photo,    you may have noticed that I didn't have anything on the pass thru between the kitchen and family room


I created a simple design of Roosters and greenery on the pass thru.....and then I created a similar vignette on the floor with 2 more pink combed Roosters 


What happened to all my tea cup collection?????   
 Well,   you will see it in the Hoosier in an upcoming post.    I keep the doors closed most of the time on the Hoosier so it will be much easier to keep it all clean now

I'm so glad that you stopped by today....come back anytime!


  






 

2 comments:

  1. I call that decorating dominos...get something new---makes everything else look old..or like this...one new thing requires tweaking everything else. Totally love the new fixtures...! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have roosters in the kitchen as well. I inherited my Grandma's wooden canister set that had rooster decals on and my sister assumed that I collected roosters. I don't have room for any more roosters. When my Mother-in-Law passed away I inherited HER chicken collection since everyone thought I really DID collect them too. Anyway, I love your new look and the roosters made me smile. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!