Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Gone with the Wind Lamp brightens corner in the Sunroom


I was looking for a way to brighten up this corner in the Sunroom and remembered a gorgeous vintage Gone with the Wind lamp that belonged to my Mother.    I've always kept it "safe" in a spare   bedroom.... seldom seen.....and almost forgotten.    


 

How many of us keep those precious keepsakes so safe that we can't even enjoy them? 


Well,   I for one am going to start bringing those keepsakes out!    



I was amazed at how much the lamp complimented the floral fabric on the sunroom sofa.....



I even made a new centerpiece for the table next to the armoire....




The rose patterned scarf added a touch of elegance to the armoire.    



I swapped the smaller Rooster that was in the armoire for one that I felt was a better fit with the large  Rooster.....



I replaced the garland on the wall with one I made several years ago....


The theme of my garland is "Cole's Seed Store"


Love Grows Here!



I liked the way this corner looked before.....but I LOVE the way it looks now!





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lamp, perfect for your corner! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lamp like that and I know what you mean about keeping things safe. I agree...let's bring them out and enjoy them! Your home is so lovely and you inspire me with your decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!