Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Creating a Casual Coastal Vibe in the Living Room



Today, I'm sharing some of the changes that have been made in the living room.....

I put the Battenburg slip covers away for a while & replaced them with some
 fresh blue/white striped ones..... 
The tablecloth was also Battenburg lace.    I dug thru my stash of vintage linens & picked out one that is white cotton with blue & pink chenille flowers and stripes....




To give the room a fresh new look,  I filled the window with a mix of real & faux greenery .....



I have really enjoyed the boat I designed for the sofa table in the family room.....but, it had been there for quite a while.... So, it found a new home on the buffet in the living room 



I decided to put the chandelier picture over the buffet away for a while.   
 I dug out the coastal picture that hung in my office for years! 
 I am so happy to see an "old friend"..... 



I created a new-ish coastal vignette for the other end of the buffet using things
 I already had on hand.....



I moved two chairs from the living room to the family room dining area & replaced them with two wicker settees.   
 The new furniture arrangement makes a great conversation area .....

  

If more seating is needed ....we can easily squeeze in a chair or 4 between the settees...lol! 

 The table looks NICE now.....but it will look GREAT
later when it is overflowing with fun & "pretty" snacks!



If you haven't already guessed it.....I'm trying to create a casual coastal look in the living room!   
I will keep ya'll updated as changes take place....



































 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to hear from my friends!