Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New Back Splash Sneak Peek

 

Today,   I want to share a sneak peek at the new back splash in the kitchen .   


We are slowly making progress and the first section of back splash is finally completed.


On the left,   you can see how this area looked before and the right photo is after.    

I took down the shelf to put up the new back splash and decided not to put it back.     I also took down the ladder that you can see in the very far left of the first photo and did not put it back either......I hung a framed  china cup and saucer picture in it's place.


I am decorating the kitchen for spring in a farmhouse style theme.....


Here is a closer look at the new back splash.....


For one of the pieces in my new vignette,  I filled a vintage metal dish drainer with rose print dishes.  matching tea cups,  some striped cloth napkins and sweet tea cup napkin rings.


H bought me some Debi Coules canvass prints for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use them in my farmhouse style kitchen......


This is one of  the 4 prints that he got me for Christmas ......
 

Now  we'll move on to the next section of back splash!

UPDATE......
After I had already taken my photo's and had the post on hold,   I made some changes to my vignette....lol....do you ever do that too!    So,  I took a photo of the new arrangement to share.


  They say less is more,   but I think more is better!  

 I added another goat print and  a wooden  rooster to the mix  ....took away the rose china plate.....and moved some of the existing things around.

15 comments:

  1. The new backsplash looks great, Penny. I love how much fun you have with your things!!! Can't wait to see it all done. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, is it wallpaper or tile? would love to do this at my house
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love! Could you possibly share the maker and pattern name of the dishes? Also just want to say, Lucky Girl on the Debbie Coules prints - her work just amazes me! The new backsplash is wonderful - textured and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love! Could you possibly share the maker and pattern name of the dishes? Also just want to say, Lucky Girl on the Debbie Coules prints - her work just amazes me! The new backsplash is wonderful - textured and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! These dishes are just gorgeous
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that wallpaper in my guest bath. I first painted it light pink then did a dry brush in white so it shows off the raised part of the paper.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I have that same wallpaper in my guest bath. I first painted it light pink then
    did a dry brush in white so it shows off the raised part of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the backsplash! It looks like antique ceiling tins, maybe new ones made to look like the antique ones? Either way, they look beautiful. Love your vignette. So fun and cheerful. Can't wait to see the entire kitchen finished. Have fun. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty pretty kitchen. Those goat prints are right up my sister's alley. They are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,
    Looks fantastic! And you know I am with you on the More is More philosophy!!
    Is it tile or paper????
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Penny, I love the new back splash. And oh my, that lamb canvas is just precious! Perfect for your kitchen! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. The new backsplash looks nice. I like the lovely vignette you created on the counter.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!