Blog Archive

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Summer Mantel on the Porch


I know it isn't officially summer yet,   but I was ready to take down the spring vignette that was on the faux fireplace mantel on the front porch.


The inspiration for my summer mantle is a aqua birdhouse that I recently found at Hobby Lobby on sale.     Can you believe HL is getting rid of the summer stuff to make room for fall and Christmas!


Mr H can do anything and when I asked him to marry a birdhouse to a wood planter,    I had no sooner said it and it was done!


I wanted to decorate the porch this year with things that I love so you will see a real mix of decor this year!     


Metal buckets.......concrete birds.........


I stapled a Paris theme fabric to the doors on the fireplace.......wood bird house......metal birdhouse (on the left)......mosaic birdhouse on the mantel........


Cottage style banner......
 

I replaced my white wicker fireplace screen with a brass one    I wanted more brass on the porch since we hung the new brass chandy.......


See the brass chandy?     Have you notice the metal star hiding behind the big birdhouse?


Here is the flip side!


I have a few things out for the 4th of July already........
  

I have a quilt on the farm table and a centerpiece made in a chicken feeder.      At the far end of the porch you can see the umbrella I recovered with yard sale curtains...... 


And if you look real close .....at the end of the farm table is a sneak peek of the new patio furniture !    Be back soon with the reveal of the new furniture we bought for the patio.    I am so excited ......we haven't bought NEW patio furniture in about 15 years.
 



10 comments:

  1. You must never rest! LOL wonderful ideas and design. I would shop your place anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Mary! Wish I could accomplish half of what you do, lol-Beautiful as always--Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    Love the new birdhouse and vignette!I am always amazed at the amount of things that you are able to put outside. I wish our weather would allow me to do that. The rain in coming back with showers predicted every day here from Tuesday until next Monday!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen a mantle outside but this looks pretty with those gorgeous pink flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at #overthemoon link party. I'm sharing on social media. Have a lovely week and see you next week.
    Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you see someone drinking a cup of tea on your wonderful porch don't be alarmed, it's just me....I love what you did, it's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am enjoying SPRING mode still. Your decor could fit spring as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great set ya got there! Love that star! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the brass accents!
    :) gwingal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm your neighbor today at Grace At Home linky. I love this! It is so beautiful and I love all of your vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything looks beautiful Penny, love your home and garden. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!