Blog Archive

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Farmhouse 4th of July Tablescape



I have the family dining room table set for an early 4th of July supper tonight.      For the 4th,   I have a traditional red white and blue tablescape planned,  but tonight I have the table decorated in my favorite pastel Patriotic decor.


I have pink and cream stripped chargers.......cream and blue dinner plates......


On top of the blue and cream dinner plate,  I have a pink metal scalloped salad plate.  
We are having BBQ for dinner so we'll need lots of napkins,  so on top of the metal plate is the first of many napkins on the table...lol!


Here are two cloth napkins layered together,   remember I said we need lots of napkins!   I tied them together with a blue ribbon with white stars on it.....then finished it off with a cotton boll.    
This place setting has a white scalloped charger.....blue and cream dinner plate.....and a pink and white polka dot salad plate.  All four place setting have the same blue thumb print water glasses


I have second Duncan Phyfe  drop leaf table at the end of the main table.   I keep the leaves down and use it as a buffet most of the time.   If needed,  we can put the leaves up and the two tables can be combined to make a long table for 10.   That's just big enough for all of us for now......but....we're gonna have to make room for a high chair pretty soon.   The new great grand will want to sit at the table pretty soon!     


I made my pastel flags from pink and white stripped fabric and some strips of blue and white yard sale sheets.    I just glued the fabric together to make my flag,   then hot glued the flag to some baby crib spindles that I had on hand.    I added some chicken wire to a tall olive bucket and then just stuck my flag pole in the holes.
 

I ran across some pink sunflowers the other day at Michael's new fall stems.    


I have my sheep paper towel holder as the centerpiece for my Farmhouse 4th of July tablescape.    I told you we need plenty of napkins when we eat BBQ.......lol!
 

At the other end of the table is the built in lit cabinet.

I just shared it with you a couple of posts ago,  but I had to make some changes so I thought I would share it again.   I needed the two floral designs in the milk glass vases for a vignette in the kitchen.    I also found a place for the Give Thanks sign that   I had just propped it up there util it found a home.


So,  here is the new ledge on the display cabinet.    I placed a Farm to Table sign under the bed spring flag.....


I replaced the floral design and sign with this vignette......
 

And,   here is the new vignette on the other side.


I shared the pass thru on the other side of the table earlier too,   but I added metal letters that spell out farm to the existing decor..


All my vignettes are in a CONSTANT state of being tweeked...lol!


Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!

18 comments:

  1. Everything is very beautiful !My favourites are the salmon glasses and your wonderful collection of milk glass.Happy 4th of July!Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink and cream in your 4th of July tablescape! Lovely table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your place is always amazing and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those flags!!!! So cute and original! Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! Hope to see ya next week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love! I crawled into all of these pictures! I love the vintage patriotic theme.

    What a welcoming space you've created.

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love how you put that shabby chic pink and cream magic into all your vignettes!
    So fun and romantic. I just love those flags you made with the pastel colors. Very unique and still patriotic! Your creativity has inspired me and I think I'm going to make some flags for my home. They are just too, too, cute! Thanks for sharing so many pictures of your home and all the changes you make. I look forward to every new one, even if it's just a tweek of one of your current vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Beautiful as always!! Only you would come up with a pastel 4th of July tablescape!! It is lovely!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love your "faded" flags, very clever to match your decor! Beautiful storage cabinets, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at #BloggersPitStop. I have shared on social media. Have a great week and see you at next week’s link up! Sue from Sizzling Towards Sixty & Beyond
    http://www.sizzlingtowardssixty.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and a very different take on the classic red, white and blue for the holiday. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, I am taken with your sheep paper towel caddy! Thanks for sharing your lovely table at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute ! Love your flags!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is alway nice to see what you do ,Do You ever feel like you have too much? I love having stuff but when I see my sisters and she alway says ,I dont want stuff making me feel I have too much I will be back
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. It all looks beautiful! I love your gentler, yet still very patriotic, colourway! The pink is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful design inspiration with us at Hearth and Soul. Hope to 'see' you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty! Thank you for sharing at Ravenwould.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is really lovely and I really like your "Farm to Table" sign. Thanks for linking up to the Friday Frenzy link party!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute idea instead of the traditional red, white, and blue!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!