Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Romantic Prairie Style Tablescape


I wanted to give the family dining room a fresh look for fall,  not anything big.... just some small changes.     I started by rotating the table about five feet to the left,   making it off center from the window.

Then,  I swapped some rugs around.    I replaced the blue rug under the table with a pink one from the family living  area.

I added a piano seat to one end of the table.
   I just have the grey and cream buffalo check fabric "tucked in"  under the lid  since I'm not sure if I am going to use that or a different fabric to recover the piano seat.

Some of you have asked how often I change out my tablescapes.  
Well,  there's a party that I like to join each Thursday that is just for tablescapes.    If you like to set a pretty table,  pop over to Between Naps on the Porch blog on Thursday mornings and you will get a lot of inspiration.


I love to layer my tablescapes!  
I have a heavy textured table runner layered over a grey and cream buffalo check tablecloth      Each place setting is layered with a metal charger,  ironstone entree plate,  and a rose print salad/dessert  plate.     Each place setting has a white ironstone corn holder with a knife handy to spread the butter on the corn on the cob that I'm serving for dinner.


I layered the napkins with a pink  a white and a striped napkin that I bundled together with a antler and rose napkin ring.   I tied everything together  with a black and white checked ribbon.


Since I already had a big floral design on the buffet that sits next to the table,   I just created a very simple candle arrangement in a metal tray as the centerpiece for my tablescape..


I filled the bottom of the tray with acorns and crystals.    This tray has four attached  pedestals to hold candles.   I put a tin bucket of flowers on two of them and candles on the other two.    I added two silver candlesticks in the middle of the tray and set a pink votive holder in each one.


I asked H to bring in the library ladder that has been stored out in the studio.   I think it will fit in perfectly with the farmhouse/ romantic prairie look that I am going for in the family dining/ living room.


I think I will display some of my table linens on it or maybe some quilts.     For now,   I just filled my ladder  up with some random items until I can make up my mind what I want to do!


The owl is a recent yard sale purchase that I haven't taken out to the fall room yet,   and the hat box was bought Saturday at a yard sale.    I don't know where it's going yet,  so I just set it here for now.


I also haven't found a place for my Welcome sign,   so I just have it propped up against the display cabinet.    The roosters you see on the display cabinet ledge were on the buffet last week......and the week before that,   they were on the Hoosier in the kitchen.


Who knows where you'll see them next week!


The floral design that I made a few weeks ago using a hay bale landed on the space that the Roosters left on the buffet   I made it to use on the big Farmtable we have on the front porch,   but we've had quite a bit of rain and I brought it inside.   Some of you ask how I keep everything dusted .....one way is that a '"rolling stone gathers no moss".....or dust in this case....lol!



16 comments:

  1. So very pretty Penny. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the centerpiece on the table, and I especially love using the piano bench at the end of the table. We have a piano player in the house, so mine will have to stay at the piano. I'll have to try and find one at a garage sale, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gray with pink. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty things. Very inspiring.
    Thanks for sharing at Waste Not Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore buffalo check, and your grey and white is perfect with the pink! It all works together beautifully! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love coming over because it seems it's always something new and exciting going on around your place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, this is so pretty! I love the checks and the little owls. So perfect! I think you could run a B&B!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really loving the gray and pink! Very pretty table - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how a few changes can make such a big difference! Thanks for sharing at the Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from www.thisautoimmunelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny,
    Love the Moss Rose dishes with the gold rim. Mine do not have the gold rim. The gray and white fabric is very pretty! Love the centerpiece too!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing @ Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dining room looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing your wonderful posts at Over The Moon Party.
    See you next week.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a very beautiful tablescape. I love how you have added so many layers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Penny!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!