Blog Archive

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Formal Dining Room Dressed up for Fall



I share the family dining room all the time,   but I very seldom share the formal dining room.    Since we're in the family room most of the time,   it gets the lion's share of holiday decorating. 
  


I was gifted some pig trophies from a good friend the other day and needed a pretty good sized are to display them.....the buffet in the formal dining room fit the bill perfectly.


The trophies all got a coat of pale pink spray paint.....


My friend also gave me a basket of vintage baby clothes.     I used a pale blue dress to cover one of my plastic pumpkins.


Starting on the left side of the buffet.........


This little plastic trophy cup looks so elegant when placed on a pedestal and covered with a cloche......a shabby chic medal adds the crowning touch......


This trophy had lost it's top,  so I have it a pumpkin with a shiny medal as it's new top.


The big trophy in the middle had a pig on it when it came to me.     I took the pig off and and replaced it with a velvet pumpkin.      


The shabby chic medal that I tied to the front of the big trophy has one of my favorite pins in the center of it.


I put my vintage baby dress covered pumpkin on a silver bucket.......


I gave it a shabby chic  medal for being the prettiest pumpkin in the group!


Ummmmm.   no I haven't started decorating for Christmas  early.......this tree stays up in the formal dining area year round.    It's been up about 4 years and I don't have any plans to take it down in the near future.


You may have noticed several things in the formal dining area that have shown up in recent posts in other area's of the house.   I shop the house all the time when I'm creating a new vignette.    The tiered cupcake stand by the chair was in a recent post,   and you saw the big floral design in a post just the other day.      I get asked all the time   "where do you store it all".     The answer is......it's usually in plain site.


I have a plain Jane centerpiece on the dining room table,   you'd think I could come up with something a little more fitting for the formal dining area!


Maybe I will work on that next week. 
   ( Hey,   wasn't all that silver on the coffee table in recent post in the family dining room,   see what I mean about shopping in your house...lol!)

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Girl, you never stop, do you? The other day when you posted you received the pig trophies....I thought to myself, "Humph. Must be something about Penny I didn't know about." Never did I imagine what you did to them. Goodness girl, your wheels are always turning. Literally a sow's ear into a silk purse!
    What is the soft pink you painted the trophies with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, You prove that all things can recycled. So pretty and clever. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you would make those trophies beautiful and they are beautiful! You are amazingly talented and so clever.
    Wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dinning room. and if I had a stunning pink tree it would also been left out for the world see. Such a lovely home enjoy visiting every time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen pig trophies before!! Quite unique! Your place always looks lovely like a magazine spread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this all looks amazing! I like that your tree stays up year round and it obviously has different looks throughout the year. Thanks for sharing with us at the Blogger's Pit Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I especially love the floral fabric bow on the cloche. Everything is so pretty, Penny. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really a knock-out - a beautiful vintage romantic setting for a candlelit dinner party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When at first you said you covered your pumpkin in that sweet vintage dress I was mortified... well I still am kinda but it looks so sweet. I went to an estate sale a few weeks ago and bout a ton of 100+ year old mostly baby clothing and crochet. I have six vintage hangers that will get some and teddies will be dressed. A flannel shirt and shoe will be framed in a shadow box with the sister's hand written note. too precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially like the pink plastic trophy cup under the cloche. Amazing
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pumpkin with the prettiest of medals! Thanks for linking up with TFT - featuring you this upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!