Blog Archive

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Farmhouse Lighting for the Family Room


H and I just helped our daughter install some gorgeous new lighting in her kitchen! 
   When I came home and saw the miss matched chandy's that I've had on each side of the sofa for years,     I thought maybe it was time for a change!    I already have some lamps that I love on the other side of the room and I wanted to find something that would fit in with those.  


The lamps on the other side of the room have chicken wire shades,   so I hoped to find some hanging lamps with the same type of shade to put on each side of the sofa..       I found them in no time on Amazon!

Before.....................................................................After

 The chandy's I took down found  new homes  in the kitchen.   I'll share the new look there soon.


The new lights are a simple farmhouse look that go well with the lamps on the other side of the room.


I freshened up the decor around the lights with the addition of buffalo check ribbons ........more greenery below the existing roses........and I hung a windmill on the tobacco basket.


I placed a pink pumpkin pillow on the sofa to add a touch of fall to the room.


The pumpkins are made with velvet fabric......


and have a burlap stitching around them.


I changed the vignettes  on the end tables.    


Here's the other end table.
 

I have an unironed bedskirt on the sofa......I'll iron it when I make up my mind what I'm going to do!     It's just tucked in until I decide if I want it to be part of the the new slip cover or not!     I'll need to cut it in half to make a matching slip cover for the love seat and I don't want to do that until I decide if I like it or not.    


Here's the lamps on the other side of the room.      


These are on the left side of the fireplace.......


These are on the right side of the fireplace.


The lamps are all different,     but have the same theme.......a chicken wire shade.


I love the new coordinated look of the lighting in the family room


I really need to make up my mind about the slip covers.......that wrinkled ruffle is making me crazy!

6 comments:

  1. Penny. I love those new lamps. LOL They go so well with the baskets and windmills. What an adorable bunch of pillows too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new lamps, Penny. I really like the chicken wire frames and it is an unexpected touch in your romantic room. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun with your new lamps. Rustic and yet quite elegant in their simplicity---perfect for farmhouse decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks beautiful.. I love the lamps! Have a good weekend! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    Like a mentioned before, You have a knack for mixing Farmhouse with your romantic decor! I love the velvet pillows. I forgot to mention on your last post that velvet pumpkins are back in style again. I think because velvet in general is making a big comeback, along with lace.....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny, I love the slipcover on sofa! I wanted to something like that to mine
    How did you do it? Did you take a sheet and then a bedskirt to get that look? Please let me know! Thank you! Barbara my email is barbara.taaffe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!