Blog Archive

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Wood Slice and Pumpkin Stem Mushrooms Cake


The wood slice cake that I created last year has become one of my favorite things to use in decorating for the seasons,  holidays......anytime for that matter.

It made an appearance at Easter.......Christmas............and on a farmhouse tablescape.........just to name a few


Today I'm sharing how I used it on the buffet as the centerpiece for a fall buffetscape..


I decorated the top piece of wood cake with the pumpkins stems that I used as mushrooms stems.


I hot glued padded fabric mushroom caps to my pumpkin stems


I always dry the stems from my pumpkins........they come in handy for fall decorating.


I have my cake on a tall milk glass cake stand so I can decorate under it if I want to.


I decorated under the cake stand with faux grain ......


The faux grain is on a garland that goes the length of the buffet.     

 I have pieces of silver on the buffet so I thought a metal tractor would fit in perfect.


The left end of the buffet  is decorated with silver and fabric pumpkins ......wood slices.......and more fabric pumpkins.


I didn't want my pumpkin to be covered with the grain garland,   so I lifted it up above it on two wood slices.


I have a fall floral design in my silver coffee pot.


I found grey roses this year at Michael's and love how they look with my silver pieces.


I have these two little fabric pumpkins on a silver platter in a nest of dried rose petals.


Now for a close up of the right side of the buffet.


You may remember seeing my turkey platter with the dome lid this past summer. 

 I bought it at a yard sale for $20....what a buy.      


Next to the turnkey platter,    I have a floral fabric pumpkin sitting in excelsior with a smaller pumpkin beside it.     I have more of these floral fabric pumpkins on the fireplace mantel and in the centerpiece on the dining table to kind of tie the room together.
 

Til Next Time...........................

4 comments:

  1. Penny,
    I am always totally amazed at how you can continue to combine so many different elements creating your own charming style!! Who would have thought of mixing elegant silver pieces with Farm house??? Only you, my friend and that is what I love about your style and your home!! It is unique and interesting and not "Cookie Cutter" home like so many in Blogland are nowadays......
    Keep up inspiring others to "Do their Own Thing"
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling and so creative! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! The pumpkin stem mushrooms may be the cutest thing I have ever seen! How precious. This is a special feature at today's party. So stinking cute! Thanks for Keeping In Touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to your weekly shares at Reader Tip Tuesday!!! Hope to se your creativity at this week's party: http://www.jodiefitz.com/2018/09/04/reader-tip-tuesday-weeks-craft-recipe-party-14-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/
    Have a GREAT weekend...

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!