Blog Archive

Monday, February 25, 2019

Spring Mantel



Since this is the last week in February,    I am really getting in the mood to decorate for spring.     In my mind,    March is the beginning of spring....lol!


Since Easter is still over 50 days away,    I am waiting a little longer to bring out  my Easter decor.


I may only make a few changes to my Spring mantel when it gets closer to Easter.    or I may just change it completely out.     Depends on how much time and energy I have.         


I have been fighting a cold for the last couple of weeks,   and my Spring mantel has really cheered me up!


The centerpiece of the mantel is a cow and two pigs.   We are expecting rain this spring,   so they have put their "wellies" on just to be safe.


I have this end of the mantel decorated for spring with a greenhouse and windmill.......


I also have a truck loaded with spring flowers.


The other end of the mantel is decorated pretty much the same way,    with the addition of  two pink ceramic pigs......


Did you notice that I added flowers to the top of  the brick wall behind the truck?


Of course,    I had to make a spring banner for the mantel!


I found a tulip banner at Home Goods ......


I spruced my store bought tulip banner by clipping home made checked pennants in between the tulips.      


I added some spring touches to the existing decor on  the stands and display cabinets on each side of the fireplace.






  

I put a big display of tulips on the hearth.......




Next to the tulips,    is a sweet Boston Terrier in a basket  holding a Hello Spring sign.


I have a spring chicken and her chicks centerpiece on the coffee table.......


Her front side.......


Her back side.......


As you can see,    I like to use lots of green in my spring decorating.       I can't wait til the nursery's are stocked with gorgeous spring flowers!


I enjoy your visits so much,   please stop by again soon!

21 comments:

  1. Everything is so beautiful! I'm ready to decorate for Spring and Easter, too. I have been wondering if it's too early to put my Easter decorations out, too.

    Blessings - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pigs and a cow wearing wellies....could not stop laughing! GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, Thanks for the beautiful Spring decorations. I too love your animals and farm influence in your decorations. I found the cow and found a larger pig with a daisy in her mouth online at Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby may also have the smaller pigs with the wellies, but no cows. I wish they would come out with the goose in the over shoes from the movie Mama and Paw Kettle. I think the goose was called Girdie.
    Thanks for all fun things you bring to us.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the breath of Spring! I look out my windows to see nearly two feet of snow and very cold temperatures. I especially love the boston terrier as I have owned several over the years.
    I must go feed the wild birds that are trying to survive here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice banner, certainly does set your theme, an personally I wish tulips were popular all year round...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gawsh absolutely beautiful and so springy.. I wish I had your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your farm theme. We live in Montana part of the year and have relatives who are farmers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You never fail to disappoint! I needed a break from the winter blues, after a Michigan blizzard, and there you are! I have to study every picture, so I don't miss a thing!

    Can I ask where you found the throw pillow on the sofa, with the pickup full of flowers? I have a bench that needs this pillow!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered it on Amazon......here's the link.....https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N59453X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

      Delete
    2. That link doesn't seem to want to work....sorry

      Delete
  9. Very Springy! What do you enter in search bar to find the cute printables you use??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find most of them on Pinterest.....here's a link to my board.....https://www.pinterest.com/penny2005/print-it/ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to do this in my own home with the garland. I love the clothespins because they add a little bit of country to it. Thanks for sharing with #OMHGWW and see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the animals ... especially the pigs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You just got me excited for Spring! It's so close! You always have amazing decorations. I hope you are feeling better! It is so nice that your decorations cheer you up at times that you need it. Happy March! I look forward to seeing more of your decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see spring everywhere in your so cozy home... Beautiful!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely spring inspiration, Penny. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you added to the tulip banner, Penny. Makes it look so custom! Thanks for sharing at Homestyle Gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so cute, you always have such cute ideas. Thanks for sharing at bloggers Pit Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Penny,
    Everything looks so fresh and Spring -like.... I love all of your banners...Love the Spring chicken and chicks in the centerpiece!! So sweet!! Since I am not able to decorate for Easter this year, I will just enjoy your decorations!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!