Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Spring Cabbage Patch Centerpieces


I created a variety of spring cabbage patch centerpieces in the family dining room that I would like to share with you today


The first one I want to show you is a centerpiece for the family room dining table



The container I picked  to create my table centerpiece in is a long slender metal one that I found at Hobby Lobby a few months ago.      I liked the fact that it will sit or can be hung from the rope attached to it.


I filled my metal container with silk cabbages and tucked in a few of the fabric carrots that I made last year.


I added spring pea's,  flowers, and fillers.  






For the second centerpiece ,    I filled a metal hanging basket with all kinds of silk plants.......


As the star for  this side of the basket,     I put a green silk cabbage.


On the kitchen side of the basket,    I made the star a big silk collard green plant.


The third centerpiece I have to show you  is on a table in front of the window.     This table is so hard to photograph with the sun flooding the dining room,   so please forgive all the glare. 


I created a tabletop spring vignette for the table that includes a big white enamel vase full of white tulips ......


another element of the vignette is a white silk cabbage.......


and lastly a sweet bunny with a lap full of faux green onions.


The last part of the dining room that I want to share is the corner ......


I have a flat Easter wreath on the wall......


And more cabbages on the display unit in the corner.


I enjoy your visits so much.......please stop by again soon!





23 comments:

  1. You are way ahead of me, Penny.
    We are still deep in snow so it is fun to see some Spring here. I hope you are doing well- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly lovely! Where did you get those silk cabbages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought those about 4 years ago at Hobby Lobby......xoxo

      Delete
  3. Penny, I am love love the silk cabbages. Where on earth did you find these? I love that they have wording on the leaves, it brings another dimension to their look. I do like the long metal box you used to put all the piece of the center piece into. It is so lovely and Spring Time. I love all the rabbits around. Rabbits are so sweet and brings such a renewal of Spring feeling. You have such a wonderful imagination and eye for beauty. You really do have a God given talent that blesses us all. Thank you for sharing. I like the white tulips against the sheer drapes and the bunny. It a fresh simple look. It gives me an idea to use the white tulips in my cobalt blue vases. I am going to go to Hobby Lobby and buy some silk tulips in all colors for work.
    Thank you as always for starting my day with a smile.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leona, my silk cabbages came from Hobby Lobby about 4 years ago.......xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your silk cabbages are really amazing
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cabbages are beautiful, Penny, as well as the centerpieces. So inspiring! I hope you share this post at Homestyle Gathering next week! ;-) I'll be visiting your other posts you linked this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like to know where to purchase those lovely pink cabbages. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The silk cabbages came from Hobby Lobby about 4 years ago.....xoxo

      Delete
  7. So lush and lovely, Penny! Yes, where DID you find the silk cabbages??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi, the silk cabbages came from Hobby Lobby about 4 years ago....xoxo

      Delete
  8. Penny, your fabric cabbages are absolutely darling! Dang, wish we had Hobby Lobby here in Canada 😥 Your Spring centerpieces are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who would have thought of cabbage for center pieces? It works! It's crazy beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are the best centerpieces ever. I love them and I still wish I knew how to sew so I could make those carrots.

    Gorgeous Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I love these cabbages you have decorated with! How cute!! I wish you didn't get them at Hobby Lobby four years ago, because I want some now haha.

    Very cute, great work!

    Cherelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful! I found my way here via Motivation Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Penney,
    LOVE those silk cabbages printed with words...

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Penny,
    I have always loved these silk cabbages!! They are so pretty and you always display them in such charming ways....
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love those cabbage heads Penny! So pretty for spring. Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday! We hope you will join us again next week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Pink Saturday, Penny. It's all beautiful. This post is being featured in my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful centerpieces Penny. Love the pink cabbages. Did I miss ~ where did you buy them or did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHH I LOVE the PINK silk cabbages and want that for myself! The leaves are just fabulous with that writing on the laves

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty in pink, just gorgeous to celebrate spring. I'll be featuring this tonight at Merry Monday. Hope to see you at the party.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!