Blog Archive

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Week End Treasure Hunt


It was a beautiful week end to go to a few yard /  estate sales and do a little shopping.
 

I visited with the lady that was having the yard sale that I bought this silver cake plate at.......her mother had passed and she was selling some of her things.


I was surprised to see her parents 25th wedding anniversary cake plate  for sale,   but I was happy to bring it home with me. 


I bought this pink and cream striped set of king size sheets there too,   so she bundled them and I got the silver and sheets for $15     I plan to make a tablelcloth for my farm table on the front porch and cover the pads on two chaise lounges with all this fabric!


I can't pass up a pretty chandy at a good price......


Everything at the sale was half price,   so my chandy was $7.50.    It will get a make over with some white paint,   and then who knows where I will hang it


This Fitz & Floyd ceramic asparagus bowl and saucer was at the same sale as I found the chandy,   so I got it for $1.50


It has already found a home in my Easter display cabinet in the dining room with some other asparagus dishes.


After going to some yard sales,    I stopped by one of my favorite stores in Friona Texas.........Milk House Market.


I bought a couple of white enamel farm animals and 2 sweet tags.


I really enjoyed my day of shopping and treasure hunting ........oh,   and I almost forgot to mention that I stopped by the garden center and picked up some gorgeous hanging baskets.      Can't wait to show you how they look in the yard!

I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back soon!

9 comments:

  1. Cute stuff, Penny. I love a good chandelier. That asparagus bowl is a keeper for sure. Perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to treasure hunt?! I am going to be starting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Penny, Take me shopping with you. I would love to find a brass chandelier like that. What fun to decorate. There are magnets to hold anything you want to add to your chandelier. I do love the silver cake plate too. Everything was great finds.
    I have to tell you what I found at an auction. I found this stack of about 30 doilies and a linen and crochet trimmed small table cloth with a note that said it had been this person's great grandmothers. I got this bundle for $7. Someone was bidding against me and then went for some table clothes I was bidding on. I know I got the better deal. I love find treasures to enjoy and share with friends and family.
    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chandy Penny, what a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a beautiful blog. I love your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great finds! I love those sweet pink and white striped linens.

    www.paperandvine.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! Gotta love treasure hunting! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Penny,
    The chandy and the silver cake plate are wonderful!! I can not wait to see what you do with the chandy!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great treasures. Your new chandy is very similar to the one that hangs over my kitchen table--it's only been there for 30 years! My mom and her friend used to go to a mill that sold sheet ends by the pound; she made duvet covers, sheets, pillowcases and matching curtains! I love upcycling sheets!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!