Blog Archive

Monday, July 22, 2019

Pink Sunflower Topiary


I was sitting in my recliner the other day thinking that I would like to take down the Patriotic decor on the family room fireplace  and replace it with......what?     It's too late in the season for me to create summer mantel and too early for a fall mantel.    


I have always thought of sunflowers as a fall flower.     Now that faux sunflowers are available in colors other than orange or yellow,   I am beginning to rethink it.


I decided to undertake the area on each side of the fireplace before I tackled the mantel.   


I came up with the idea of making a tall topiary for each side of the fireplace. 

   I planted my topiary's in vintage milk cans to give them the height that I was looking for.


I think pink sunflowers are the perfect choice for my late summer / early fall look  


I used a round piece of styrofoam to stick my flowers and greenery in for the topiary top.    You can find one at almost any craft store.


H had scrap poles from other projects on hand,  the  one on the other topiary was a broom handle.    H cut a piece to fit in the opening of the milk can,   stuck the pole thru it,   and used long screws put in at an angle to hold the pole in place.


You've seen a few sneak peeks at the new mantel decor,    but it was still a work in progress when I took the pics of the sunflower topiary's.     I'll be back in a few days with the mantel reveal!

I always enjoy your visits so much,    please come back soon!











8 comments:

  1. You and your husband made such beautiful pink topiaries. It’s so nice when the husbands are handy and help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pink sunflowers are beautiful, Penny! I love your sweet decorating style!
    Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those pink sunflowers go beautifully in your home. Love the topiary. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sheep pillow is scary---I thought you were carrying the 'farm' thing a little too far. and housing sheep in the house...LOL. Pretty post, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about to try to find some white sunflowers for this fall. I think they are fun in different colors. The pink ones are darling. Is that sheep real? It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penny,
    Love the pink topiary and I especially love that you have it in a milk can!! Great idea! I had to look twice at the lamp on the floor by the chair because i actually thought it was real!!!! Amazing!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!