Blog Archive

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Valentine Mantel



I love Christmas and to say that I decorate with a heavy hand is putting it mildly!     So,  after all the Christmas decor is packed away,   I tend to want a simpler look for our home and I also like the look of lighter colors to replace the brighter colors I used at Christmas.     


I decided to create a very simple and inexpensive heart garland to hang across the family room mantel.


The materials I used for my heart garland were .......a package of paper hearts from the Dollar Tree and a roll of thin ribbon from Michaels.( 80 cents)   Under $2 for a simple Valentine heart garland!   All you have to do is thread the paper hearts thru the ribbon and you're done....easy peasy....


After the garland was hung and my new metal windmill picture was in place......had you noticed my new pic???......I was ready to decorate the mantel.


Again with simple decor.....a few windmills and a couple of pink rose bouquets.......


For the final touch,    I propped some Farmhouse Valentine cards against the windmills.


I decorated the other end of the mantel in the same way but with a little different design in the pieces I used.




I wanted to share the pretty buffalo check /  rose throws that I found at Ross recently.


The close up changed the color a little on the throw.....it doesn't look quite that vibrant in real life...lol!


The family room doesn't scream Valentine's Day.....it has just enough subtle hints for H to remind him that it's just around the corner...lol!












 

4 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of the heart garland, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really amazing, I love the farm theme it all looks beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning and elegant and as you say has just a gentle nudge towards Valentines Day. I love the idea you had with the paper doilies very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, you are featured on Inspire Me Monday this week!! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!