Blog Archive

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Changes in the Entry for Christmas 2021 & Santa's New Ride


For my Christmas 2021 entry,    I changed some of the furniture around.     


The first piece we gave a new home was the hall tree that has sat in this corner for several years.     You'll see where it went in an upcoming post.



The piece that replaced the halltree is the harp table that you've seen in the hallway,   So you will see what took it's place in an upcoming post.   
It's just a regular fruit basket turnover around here....lol!


I created a Christmas vignette on the harp table with a new ride for Santa!


I have Santa sitting in a wagon full of Christmas tree's instead of a sleigh.....


And since I have a Christmas farmhouse theme going on in the entry,    Santa's wagon is being pulled by a cow and a pig instead of reindeer.    Both are decked out in their cute buffalo check trapper hats.


I have an elegant farmhouse wreath hung over the harp table......


I bought this wreath last Christmas at Joann's.     I fell in love with the addition of orchids to the white poinsettia's and roses.   

  
I added some pink roses and gold poinsettia leaves to my wreath this year.....and I also tucked in a few buffalo check poinsettia's to make it feel more farmhousey


I have a simple white lit branch tree in my vignette with just a few ornaments on it.     


The formal dining room is located just off the entry......


So,  I try to decorated both rooms with a similar color scheme.


I can't wait to share the next area of the entry with you guys!     I have a new bench in the entry.....never have had one before and I'm thrilled about it.     You can see just a little peek at the new look in the lower right corner of this pic.


All I have done on this wall is to hang a metal bow in front of the mirror.      I don't have a plan yet for this wall so I don't know if I will add more than the metal bow,   or go a whole different way!!!    



 





 

6 comments:

  1. I love the cow and pig in buffalo check trapper hats. I don't think I have ever seen those Penny where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di, I bought those last year and I can't for the life of me! I haven't seen any of them this year....hugss

      Delete
  2. Aw, that is totally adorable! Love the sweet sheep and the buffalo check...so fresh and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny,
    I so enjoy how you incorporate your loves of Shabby Chic pink with farmhouse to create a charming design that is all your own!! So pretty and inviting and I will say it again, you amaze me at how you are able to move furniture pieces around in your home!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!