Blog Archive

Friday, November 5, 2021

Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas...Part 3...The Buffet


I'm thrilled that you stopped by to see Part 3 of my Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas theme that I'm creating in the dining room for 2021.     H & I have 5 grands under 5 years old and I picked this theme just for them.    


I shared the display cabinet in Part 1,    the fireplace in Part 2,   and now I want to share the buffet in Part 3.    ( I will put links at the bottom of my post if you missed part 1 or 2 or maybe just want to see them again. )   Part 4 will be  my final post for this room and will include a tour and a couple of area's that I haven't shared yet.    Just a little hint about the last post......a Precious Moments train,   the sping horses that I transformed into carousel horses,  the grands table.....and more!  


I used mostly pink decor in the display cabinet and fireplace,  but for the buffet I have added lots more Christmas color.   The red's and greens have finally made an appearance.


I'll start the the tour on the left side of the buffet......


I showcased more of the cooking part of my Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas theme.    I have been collecting Mark Roberts fairies for years and this one was my first.    He has a chef hat on and is holding a yummy apple pie


Next to the chef are green hob nail milk glass cake stands.   I bought a set of three stands one year as a present for my Mother at Christmas.   I used 2 of the stands in this vignette to display cupcakes on the bottom stand and the top stand has a piece of my mother's collection of Cherry and Cable.


In the center of the buffet I hung a lit white wreath and have more Cherry  &  Cable pieces in the vignette.


The wreath has a smaller chef on it.....


Here I have a Nutcracker with a serving tray of Gingerbread men......and a small elf eating a lollypop.


At the end of the buffet.....more Cherry & Cable glass that belonged to my mother and another chef fairy holding a wooden spoon.


I have tables on each side of the buffet that have fun food and more elves and fairies on them.    


The gumball machines are filled with peppermint marshmello's......they can't be dispensed so the grands have to lift the lid and reach inside to get any "sweets"   2 of them can get their own,    but the other 3 have to have a little help.


Now for a look at what's on the tables at the other end of the buffet. 


I have a ceramic cake that the sweet fairy sitting next to it baked.


On the bigger table I have a Christmas planner that I made last year.   Here's a link to that post if you want all the details!     http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2020/10/vintage-sewing-machine-drawer.html#more


AS promised,    here's the link to Part 1.....http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/10/sweet-shabby-pink-christmas.html#more

Part 2.......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/11/sweet-shabby-pink-christmas-part-2the.html



I hope you enjoyed the buffet and will come back for to see the conclusion of my Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas dining room.  

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I bet those grands just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are going to love this. The fairies and elf's are so super cute. I really like the glassware. Is that a depression era glass? I couldn't get in close enough, doesn't matter it is very pretty. This is so good, can't wait for more reveals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, everything is adorable! I love your sweet pink and greens! You are so good at decorating!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the entire tour is beautiful, you have an amazing Sweet themed collection including the fabulous ones you repainted. Love it all🍭🍪🍭

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Penny! I have never heard of Cherry & Cable glass. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. As a pink girl myself, I love every part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. As a pink girl myself, I love every part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always blown away by your designing . Love the buffet.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!