Blog Archive

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Final Touches to the Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas Dining Room....and the Tour


Over the last couple of weeks I have been working off and on to create a Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas Dining room.     I've finally added the final touches to it and am so excited to share it with you today.    It was definately a labor of love for my grands and hope they love it as much as I do.


The last few years I have leaned more to a Farmhouse Christmas so it has been a while since you guys have seen the stuff I brought out of retirement to create my Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas dining room 


I decided to put a small kids table at the end of the adult table.    


I brought my Comfort and Joy tea set out of retirement......don't know if any of the grands are old enough to be interested in a tea party,   but I guess I can try.     Hope it turns out better than the photo's I tried to take of them at Halloween....lol! 


I also brought my Precious Moments train set out of retirement.

 
It's not a very big train set,  so we can set it up on the dining table when the grands want to see it.    It also plays sweet Christmas music as it travels around the track.





and at the end of the train is the caboose,   my favorite piece.!        

  I don't know if I've ever mentioned it before,   but my dad worked on the railroad and rode in the caboose for 40 years.    It was the only job he ever had.


Years ago,   I displayed my Precious Moments train on the piano in the family room.....


It has also made an appearance under the tree on the pass thru in the kitchen.


The grands have never seen my carousel horses since they have not been brought out of retirement for over 5 years......and the 5 of them are all under 5 years old.


Years ago,   I used to take spring horses and transform them into carousel horses.     


I've sold several of them and these are the last 2 that I decided to keep.     


The big horse showed up at Easter one year with a bunny riding her.    The little horse on the right found a new home several years ago.


The smaller horse came out of storage in need of a makeover.....so I gave her a quick one,   


She needed a new paint job,   so I decided to paint her white.    Because they were so damaged,  I had to take off the pom poms and I replaced them with paper roses.


I made a couple of changes to the display cabinets on each side of the fireplace since you saw it last.


As it gets closer to Christmas I usually start adding some red to the existing vignettes.   So,  I put away the pink ceramic houses on the display cabinets and replaced them with Mark Robert fairies 


I am planning to add some touches of red to the mantel in a couple of weeks.


I try to keep the centerpiece on the table really simple and easy to remove when we need more space for food.     Last year I had a wooden bread bowl filled with ornaments and I liked it so well I decided to do something similar this year.     I have my ornaments in a big metal bowl this time.


This post is already so long.....hope you're still with me......that I am just going to give you a link to cabinet in the corner


http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/10/sweet-shabby-pink-christmas.html


And also a link to the buffet if you would like to see some close ups and details about it......http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/11/sweet-shabby-pink-christmaspart-3the.html


I hope you enjoyed the tour of our Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas dining room!




11 comments:

  1. Really like the tree in the pass thru. Everything looks beautiful and the grand will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny the grands are going to love this. The train set with the nutcrackers is absolutely beautiful. The carousel horses are wonderful and fresh. All the pink makes everything magical. As for the tea set and table they'll love it once they know what to do, especially if you add sweets. I think this is the best yet Penny and I've been here a very long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning,
    This is one of the most beautiful blogs I have seen. It is like the Nutcracker Suite rolled into one. Christmas is about love and peace which these wonderful vignettes demonstrate. I never thought of using an old spring horse a carousal horse. I wonder if an old rocking horse would work too? Oh, I really love the train. You have created a magical wonderland. Thanks for great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so elegant, fun, and intriguing...... I love it. Being there in person must be amazing. You are a very talented and creative lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. I love the little kids table. The carousel horses brought back some great memories. My mom made me a similar one several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is soooooo pretty! I especially love the horses and pastel trains!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks beautiful as always. What happened to the beautiful swags that was on the windows in this room? They were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swags had to be taken down, they were about 35 yrs old and were just worn out....

      Delete
  8. Penny,
    I SO LOVE this room!! I am thrilled to see you bring back so many of your Shabby Chic pieces which i simply adore!!! Everything looks so pretty and charming!! I am sure your family will be delighted by it all!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went poking about and tracked down these superb photos which I saw on Kerryanne's Shabbilicious FB page. Amazing. I love the spring horses turned into carousel horses. But what on earth is a spring horse? I haven't heard of this before. I'm now a follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!