Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas Part 2.....the Dining Room Fireplace Mantel



Sweet & Shabby Pink Christmas is the theme I chose for our formal dining room this year and it has been so much fun creating it.     Today I am sharing part 2.....the fireplace mantel
The sweet elf cutouts that appeared in part 1 ...the display cabinet.....are making another appearance on the mantel.    I will give you a link to that post at the end of this one just in case you missed it or maybe just want to see it again!


The sweet elves are visiting the Christmas village that I made several years ago with yard sale houses.


The Handmade Club kit for October contains the elves and tons of other prints that you can use for your holiday decorating.    If you want to check out the October kit,   here's a link to Kerryanne's blog....https://www.shabbyartboutique.com/2021/10/the-handmade-club-october-kit.html 


I hung a white garland across the mantel and filled it in with some other prints from the October kit.....


The garland has big pretty paper roses attached to it.....


The paper stockings are hung from the fireplace with care.....


in hopes that Saint Nick soon will be here.

 
I have display cabinets on each side of the fireplace.


I placed a ceramic Christmas house on each cabinet and have a Nutcracker standing guard at the door.



I wanted to share a little more about the ceramic houses with you guys.....


The ceramic houses can be found at yard sales,  thrift store,  etc.    The uglier the better....lol.....they are quite a bit of work and it's so much more rewarding if they were really ugly to begin with! 


My houses have made an appearance on my posts many times over the years.....and not just at Christmas.     They came out at Easter on the dining room buffet.....


Here they are several years ago on the kitchen counter....... 

  
In the master bedroom on the side table by the bed......


A couple of them even showed up on a fall mantel in the family room

As promised,   here's a link to Sweet & Shabby Christmas Part 1 ......the formal dining room display cabinet.    http://penny-pennystreasures.blogspot.com/2021/10/sweet-shabby-pink-christmas.html

I always enjoy your visits so much,    please stop by again soon!   hugs

 




5 comments:

  1. Lovely and definitely Victorian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! You have inspired me to look for some "ugly" ceramic houses to reimagine.
    Have a blessed holiday season. m

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS! I love those Christmas houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the houses too. You put a lot of detail on them. Lovely.




    ReplyDelete
  5. Penny,
    I LOVE that you brought out all your pretty houses!! I adore how you changed them and have always had a special place in my heart for them!! Looks stunning!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!