Blog Archive

Monday, February 28, 2022

Out with the Old....in with the New Farmhouse Cabinet Doors


I have a list a mile long with idea's to give our home a fresh look for 2022.    I started at the top of my list by doing something with the outdated doors on the little storage cabinet in the entry.    AND,   I do mean little!   If you have about 6 inches to spare on a wall,   you can turn it into a ton of storage.


It doesn't look like much from the outside but wait til you see all I have in it.

Here's how the cabinet looked in 2016 when H first constructed it for me.     



There have been lots of changes over the years,  but the new doors are the best one yet.   With a few custom adjustments to the existing cabinet H was able to install the new premade doors in just a few hours.   Just for info...not promoting....the doors came from Hobby Lobby.


The old shutters that I had were a real pain when I needed something.   Since they were hinged together,   I had to completely open the cabinet to get anything out.


Since all the doors are individually hinged,  I can open just one of them or all of them!    

H built me a cabinet similar to this one in our last home.    That one was on a wall in the kitchen...was  a little bigger than this one and I used it to store canned goods.



The Desert Rose glasses on the first shelf are some that my mother bought me to go with the Desert Rose dishes that belonged to my Grandmother.    The pink glasses on the next shelf belonged to my grandmother.   The blue ones on the right side of the next shelf were some that I received in our wedding shower 


I hardly ever use the purple glasses so I would really like to get rid of them.   BUT,   they belonged to my mother and she used them all the time since she loved purple.     

Let's go for a little tour to see how the new doors fit in with their new surroundings..... 





I have started to decorate the entry for Spring / Easter and will be back with a new post when I've finished....see you soon! 


 

8 comments:

  1. I just have to say it... they are "a-door-able"!! such a cute idea and I can't believe you can get so much in that space. You have some lovely glassware!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Penny,
    Ik heb zoveel bewondering voor jou, jij bent een bom van inspiraties en mooie ideeën!!!
    Maar zeg nu zelf dit alles geeft wel een prijskaartje ook hé, en als je er de centen voor hebt kan je zoveel mooie aanschaffen.
    Maar dit laatste is voor iedereen niet van toepassing spijtig genoeg.
    Begrijp me aub niet verkeerd maar, ik ben GEZOND JALOERS op jou met de nadruk op GEZOND!!!
    Ik gun je deze allemaal van harte en doet mij telkens een plezier een mailtje te krijgen van jou.
    Dat we toch iedere keer een kijkje mogen nemen in je privé ruimtes.🤩🤩🤩
    Stop er aub niet mee zo kan ik weg dromen van jouw prachtige ruimtes.
    Dank u om dit te delen met ons.
    MvgGina België 💐

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, What a great idea for storage. I'm always needing storage. A little cabinet like that under windows would be great too. I could make a cat shelf under my windows and I have a place for my cat to look outside and place to store stuff. Thanks for the great ideas!
    Love how you organized your glassware for easy access.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! What a clever hiding place. I love the new doors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these Penny thanks for sharing. Your glasses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure love them Penny! Very pretty and so neat!
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny,
    Looks great and fits right in with your style!! And what great storage it provides too!! I could surely use some of that!! Great inspiration!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to hear from my friends!